What's with likes being limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Overtures

For real, like why is this a thing?

Might i suggest to sherdog execs that they give us the ability to purchase likes

send it up mods

is it a technical issue or a community moderation issue?

Because it was overloading the site and causing daily crashes. It was either limit them or get rid of them entirely.

To keep you and homer from liking each other's every post

it's a technical issue. the site's infrastructure can't handle the input.

It's the universe's way of telling you to get off SD for the day.

we'll have to give them up again to preserve the election megathread

<{jackyeah}>

it's a pretty week ass infrastructure if this site can't handle 10k db class per minute or whatever, kind of ghetto tech here and there's a lot of money to be made from such a huge user base

Might i suggest to sherdog execs that they give us the ability to purchase likes

send it up mods

For Christmas Ill send you a gift card. 100 likes. Expires March 2021.

obviously this forum is hosted by an ancient message board application, but i mean they can rebuild this shit and invest in their product

send it up mods

Purchase likes? What is this, Bungie?

it's a pretty week ass infrastructure if this site can't handle 10k db class per minute or whatever, kind of ghetto tech here and there's a lot of money to be made from such a huge user base

It's a karate forum not fucking NASA. I'm surprised it's still here every day I show up.

Because it was overloading the site and causing daily crashes. It was either limit them or get rid of them entirely.

Is this why the boards went silent on election night for like 20 minutes? Because @Zankou was liking everything and broke the server?

Is this why the boards went silent on election night for like 20 minutes? Because @Zankou was liking everything and broke the server?

Nah that was me and your mom private messaging eachother.

We crashed everything.

Ever heard of John Henry? The steel driving man?

I may have shattered my thumbs, but I fucking broke the machine before I finally collapsed. Zankou @ the like smashing man. Giving hope to folks across the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back