whats with 95% of mma media questions?

CI

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
most of the time they are obvious questions: so you think there will be a rematch?

or straight from sherdog: do you think jones is the next floyd mayweather?

anyone else finding mma media hard to watch nowadays??

By putting nowadays you are saying it was one good which it wasnt MMA journalism has always been garbage in the most part.

They want the big head line because they aren't hardcore fans like you, they like ufc ppv not WSOF and OneFC and regional promos like YOU do. They like superstars not fringe guys and niche guys like extreme fans like you and your friend do. They are pop ufc fans ie scum

Yeah, they're asking the questions that Tapout shirt-buyers want to hear. It annoys me to no end, and when you listen to discussion among the "top MMA journalists" like Luke Thomas and Ariel Helwani, you realize what low thoughts they have of MMA fans. They really talk about MMA fans like "just bleed" rednecks who won't see a title fight unless there's some pro wrestling trashtalk that involved a dramatic love triangle with one of the ring girls or some shit. And they adjust their journalism accordingly.

Which is why we're forced to listen to questions about whether "this fight is extra important to you" or "do you expect your next fight to be a decision", and the fighters are forced to regurgitate their standard answers.

yeah its always been horrible for the most part.

i like it when they talk about the fighters camps and training partners/methods, the new things theyve been up to personally even. example being the gus phil davis story.

but sometimes fighters dont like to reveal these things before the fight. whats upcoming is pretty mandatory at a post fight scrum, altho sometimes nothing is really set in stone.

id like to see more questions about fighters development, how and when they started or changed a certain thing about something.

i remember condit saying hes going to work on his wrestling more. i wonder if hes gunna wrestlefuck matt brown! these are the questions i want to ask but i wont know any answers untill after the fight probably, and only if some mma blogger asks about it.

Back