What's the worst movie based on video games?

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Was wasting my time on Youtube last night and came across the Double Dragons movie...
Jeezus christ, gave up 20mins in.
Think The Mario Bros movie might have been better due to being so bad it was actually entertaining.

I will always enjoy Street Fighter because of Raul Julia alone.
Even if the movie is pure garbage.

Dead Or Alive movie could have been the worst,
but hot chicks saved this from my shit list.

MK2 was terrible.

any others?

I'll tell ya what its not, its not Borderlands!
I just watched that movie last week and as a big time fan of the games, Borderlands 2 is probably my all time favorite game, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that movie just because it was getting killed in the reviews and internet chatter
The producers of that film recreated the world of Borderlands perfectly, right down to the smallest detail, it really felt like the movie took place inside the games
They did a great job recreating the cars, the characters, the set pieces, the costumes etc. and its a shame they wont get any credit for it and most people will never see their fine work

SMB. By far. Just dreadful.

Any straight male discounts DOA on account of T&A. Filled with smokeshows.

I'll tell ya what its not, its not Borderlands!
I just watched that movie last week and as a big time fan of the games, Borderlands 2 is probably my all time favorite game, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that movie just because it was getting killed in the reviews and internet chatter
The producers of that film recreated the world of Borderlands perfectly, right down to the smallest detail, it really felt like the movie took place inside the games
They did a great job recreating the cars, the characters, the set pieces, the costumes etc. and its a shame they wont get any credit for it and most people will never see their fine work
I was in college and working at a GameStop when Boderlands 1 came out.
Never played it lol.
Sorry mate.

Street Fighter The Legend of Chun-Li. Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen not counting super low budget B movies. The casting is awful, none of the characters are right, fight scenes suck, and the movie is a complete bore to sit through. At least the JCVD version had a campy charm to it. Even most of the Uwe Boll movies I can at least laugh at how incompetent they are. How Capcom greenlig that shit I have no idea

Hitman, Tekken, Borderlands, Uncharted

Shame on the people who mentioned any adaptation of Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or Tomb Raider

Uwe Boll doesn't count because i'm convinced his movies were troll-jobs and critics bait.

Haven’t seen many but SMB shouldn’t have even been called SMB.

Street Fighter was trash but watchable and at least based on stuff in the game

I walked out of The House of the Dead when I saw it in theaters. Still remains one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.
That was what I was going to say. Same thing. Went to it figuring it would be good and it was so bad I actually walked out. Only movie to this day that I walked out of.

Was wasting my time on Youtube last night and came across the Double Dragons movie...
Jeezus christ, gave up 20mins in.
Think The Mario Bros movie might have been better due to being so bad it was actually entertaining.

I will always enjoy Street Fighter because of Raul Julia alone.
Even if the movie is pure garbage.

Dead Or Alive movie could have been the worst,
but hot chicks saved this from my shit list.

MK2 was terrible.

any others?

Double Dragon is the correct answer. That entire movie was sweat from a baboon's balls. Mark Dacascos was a solid B-movie actor but he couldn’t save it.

double-dragon-kick.gif

scream.gif

tumblr_mbc6jzwOiw1qz8ca1o1_540.gif

Last edited:
I walked out of The House of the Dead when I saw it in theaters. Still remains one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

I walked in late and left early

I rewatch it for comedic purposes only

Back