What's The Point of Stipe VS DC 3?

Cormier has fought everyones thats been out in front of him...hes a career heavyweight and has already shown he can beat that type of fighter by beatimg Anthony johnson...naganou vs d.c goes the same way..cormier loves the glory of being champion too much to leave while being on top...

He will fight nagnnou for shit ton of money and likely win..stipe beat him already using wrestling another reason D.C would win

Then he should announce that those are his intentions. His intentions for the moment as far as I’m concerned are 100% bullshit. Win and vacate the title. That’s what he says.

Then he should announce that those are his intentions. His intentions for the moment as far as I’m concerned are 100% bullshit. Win and vacate the title. That’s what he says.

He will if he wins the title..he will just watch

The fight would sell a lot.

If DC wins (likely scenario), it just further cements his status as the greatest fighter of all time. This would bring more media exposure to the UFC, help sell official DC merchandise etc and Stipe's stock wouldn't go down because he's he losing to the GOAT which is almost expected.

It's a win-win or at worst a win-neutral scenario for the UFC, even with DC retiring right after.

DC wants it for obvious reasons.. He was on Ariel's show this week acting like Stipe is ducking him. But Why would the UFC, and Dana want this fight to happen? DC is on record saying he is retiring win or lose. So the UFC would have to make a HW title fight for a vacant belt. Likely Stipe VS Francis. That Demeans the value of the belt. This is the same Dana that would not do GSP/Khabib for a LW belt because GSP would leave again. And GSP made Dana boatloads of money.. BTW Dana has no friends. So I don't buy the "He and DC are cool" argument. Dana is all about business. This feels like bad business.
You're right. I agree. It's counter-intuitive. It ruins the division. Heavyweight has sucked since the night I saw James lynch announcing DC vs stipe. How can a whole division be held up for two years, for the sake of one man's ego? DC is cool af, but his ego is ruining it. Plus you have francis waiting in the wing. He shouldn't even have to fight rozenstruik, he's earned the shot. But I'm not complaining about that fight. I just find it annoying that DC wants the title, walk away with it but doesn't want to earn the title shot. Had he been knocking off contenders since his loss, I wouldn't be complaining. Why is he so reluctant to fight Francis for instance?

Let's see.. Miocic is a mid tier draw. The heavy weight division is shallow as hell. The next guy in line is perhaps Francis, a guy Stipe already beat. DC is 1:1 and will drop the belt after winning it. Worst case scenario Stipe will take a hit to his drawing power and will likely face Francis for the vacant belt.

Scenario 2: DC loses to Stipe and the UFC still makes money.

Same deal with Micheal Bisping. Win or lose against Henderson, neither guy is holding the belt for long. Micheal Bisping vs GSP. Win or lose neither guy will be holding the belt for long. If GSP decided to defend.. great. If not no big loss.

Khabib vs GSP if they agreed after beating Conor. If GSP wins there's a high chance he won't defend. No more Khabib vs Conor 2 for those big numbers. No Khabib vs Tony Ferg. No Khabib vs Dustin. Long term this will hurt Khabib's drawing power as he's still young and has many fights left in him.

Maybe Scenario: GSP beats Khabib and then gets a fight with Conor. Would Conor agree to fight GSP? Prob not.

Maybe Scenario: Khabib does beat GSP and continues to fight. 50/50 it's too risky of a gamble. There's no way GSP vs Khabib will draw as much as Conor vs Khabib 2 because Conor is the biggest draw. The UFC would be stupid to risk the biggest PPV fight of all time

Last edited:
Yup, makes little sense. Would be exciting to see wether Stipe had his eyesight left after the fight though.

I'd like to see Stipe DC 3 for legacy reasons alone. Off topic- people sleeping on this Franny-Zhino fight. Extremely pumped ( if this May 9th deal goes ahead). In fact, I see winner getting title ( again- IF UFC life and these venues continue in near future)

The point is to hold the division up for years and then the fight never even happens

Back