What's the most obvious fluke win in UFC history?

An unlikely win isn’t the same as a fluke win. Nate Diaz vs Manny Gamburyan is a good example of a fluke. Manny was winning that fight until he hurt his shoulder. Silva vs Weidman 2 is another. Breaking your leg is very rare even if it is from a checked kick.

I wouldn’t count Serra vs GSP as a fluke, Serra landed a few good shots and GSP had heaps of time to recover, defend and minimise damage, truth is he panicked after getting hit so I don’t count it as a fluke.

IMO a true fluke would be something like an unexpected flash KO with no set up etc. JDS winning over Cain, he set up the overhand by stepping in low and throwing body shots, then feinting with the body shots to throw the overhand.

Cant think any of the top of my head as a true fluke though, so maybe my definition is flawed haha!!

DC vs Stipe 1.
Not that DC should necessarily have lost, but winning like that was a fluke.

So much stupid shit in one post. Conor was practicing a fucking hook. A pretty god damn generic punch. Using him throwing one of the most common punches in MMA in warm up as proof he was waiting for it is moronic

Aldo also has NEVER rushed in like that to start the fight. He has always waited until he has the timing and has landed a few body punches first. It was VERY odd of him to start the fight with that rush

Anderson is the best counter puncher in UFC history and its not even a little bit close

That being said it was not a fluke. The mental game is a big part of the game and Conor got Aldo to start off emotionally
LMAO at saying MY post had so much stupid in it.

go watch the backstage footage, he literally MIMICS aldo's stance and mannerisms, then shows exactly what shot he's gonna crack him with, which was a straightened kinda left hook/straight. like ACTUALLY go watch the footage, mimics aldo, then the punch he throws backstage is the one he landed. go watch the footage, please.

and who cares if he did it earlier in the fight, you just acknowledged that aldo has always rushed in like that.

conor at his best is the best counter puncher in MMA.

Back