Whats the difference?

Marbig

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is the difference between the newer model of twins and its older counterpart? Does anyone have their newer versions and are they smaller in profile than the older model? Are there any noticable differences except for the wrist logo being different coloured?

Thanks.

For reference, this is the new one:

twins_bgv3_svart.jpg

and

this is the old one:

BGVL3-BLACK.jpg

I maybe wrong as i don't own either of the gloves but i have tried both of them.
The newer ones were more comfortable and snug fit then the old ones. In terms of profile they were quite similar but honestly i don't like the wrist protection on Twins gloves.
Just my 2 cents. And again, i don't own the gloves so my opinion could be wrong.
By the way, are the prices of the gloves different? If not i would personally choose newer model. :)

There's another model of glove that Twins have released recently which look like they have a more snug fit, but that stock photo makes it just look like the same glove with a different logo?

There's another model of glove that Twins have released recently which look like they have a more snug fit, but that stock photo makes it just look like the same glove with a different logo?

I don't know lol. The website says its the new model but then the photo is, like you said, just the same except for the logo.

I just got the email back from the owners of the store too and apparantly it has "denser padding and a tighter hand compartment". That makes me really want to buy it lol as long as I can prove there has been improvements in terms of wrist support and the glove itself isn't as big as a pillow this time around :icon_chee

P.S. Is $82 for the "fancy" model/$72 for the plain model a good price? Shipping is included.

I think these are the new Twins model I was thinking of for reference

$T2eC16RHJHEE9ny2q880BQz6tWB4Q!~~60_12.JPG

With padding on the palm and a more snug fit. Maybe Twins are revamping their regular BGVL-3 gloves as well then?

edit:

http://www.muaythai-fighting.com/twins-special-muay-thai-boxing-gloves.html

check out the stock photo they use for the BGVL-3 there

I think that these gloves have been around for a while, but are being mainly sold in Europe. Maybe it's because the padded palm makes it easier for dutch combo drills.

Im not finding any of the black label gloves on U.S. sites. Been looking for a pair of Twins gloves but will wait if these are newer.

I remembered fightstuff explained before what was going on with new Twins and he said these are their new gloves
314110_10151063322756394_173764446_n.jpg

It's these ones. We haven't got them on the site yet, because we are waiting for stock from Twins.

and that

The model I posted up with the mesh palm are a new model for 2012. You will also start to see gloves with a black twins patch without the mesh palm. These gloves are just the same as the previous model (BGVL-3). The only difference is patch.

Twins have released quite a lot of new stuff recently. Most of them though are based on their previous models, but just with different designs. Some models have had slight construction improvements.

hope that helps

Back