Whats the difference between these 2 gloves?

you guys think the black ones are worth 14? marked down from 44

the synthetic leather ones are really good for $15, well, on the mitts anyway, haven't gotten around to trying the heavy bag with them. padding on the knuckles are good

I have both. I actually think the synthetic leather will be more duarble than the real leather, becuase the leather was so thin.

I haven't ever used a pair of synthetic leather gloves that had this thick of construction.

And, i asked their customer service, the padding is exactly the same

sweet. can the synthetic leather ones be used for sparring?

The two pairs of gloves are exactly the same except for the black ones are made of synthetic leather (which has been mentioned). That specific style of glove is what they call a hybrid glove(hence the name), but they are designed for both sparring and competition. They have more padding over the knuckles than your average competition glove, which makes them safer for sparring. They are also less bulky overall which makes it easier to train grappling and submissions compared to most mma training gloves.

That is definately a great deal on the black ones, and they are worth a lot more than $14, I have a pair.

The two pairs of gloves are exactly the same except for the black ones are made of synthetic leather (which has been mentioned). That specific style of glove is what they call a hybrid glove(hence the name), but they are designed for both sparring and competition. They have more padding over the knuckles than your average competition glove, which makes them safer for sparring. They are also less bulky overall which makes it easier to train grappling and submissions compared to most mma training gloves.

That is definately a great deal on the black ones, and they are worth a lot more than $14, I have a pair.

Are they actually safe for sparring?

Black are synthetic....I've used the blue ones and I like them more than official UFC Ouano gloves.

dude, awesome answer. more people need to post like you.

and thanks for all the other answers too, I went ahead and bought a pair.

I'd make sure to ask a service rep if they actually have these in stock before placing an order.....

... you might be sorry if you don't

They are pretty safe for sparring at maybe 75% with headgear. Combat sports also makes a few other MMA style gloves(CSI IMF Tech, Max Spar and Safety MMA Training gloves) that have more padding over the knuckles and are better for more intense sparring.

dude, awesome answer. more people need to post like you.

and thanks for all the other answers too, I went ahead and bought a pair.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope that those gloves work well for you.

The labelling on the synthetic leather gloves actually specify that they are bag gloves and should not be used for sparring. Haven't tried smacking someone with it though, probably not a good idea without headgear

Back