What's the % chance of JDS being UFC Heavyweight Champion in 2017?

I agree, Cain vs Werdum was probably going to deliver a #1 contender, with Cain out and JDS owning wins over both Werdum and Stipe either Werdum beats JDS to prove himself worthy or give JDS the shot.

People complain about Cain not fighting but Werdum has had himself some incredibly long breaks lately. Dude fights almost once a year recently.
I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't do Dos Santos vs Werdum at UFC 208 in February for the number one contender. That gives both guys over a month to prepare, and would give Stipe an opponent for late spring or summer. There is no reason to hold up the division with a healthy champ. Nobody cares about JDS vs Struve anyways. So I would love to see a rematch against Miocic. It's still one of the more interesting striker vs striker matches in the heavyweight division, and is almost guaranteed fireworks.

Very low. Junior is shot. Prime JDS was one of the greatest hw's of all-time, but that guy left the building years ago and a win over C-class Ben Rothwell doesnt change that. Stipe, Cain and Werdum would all smoke Shot Zombie Junior, just like Glassheart Overeem did (prime JDS would have put Overeem in a bodybag).

This^^ although a shot JDS is still a threat in the HW division. I would put his chances around 33%.

jds beats everyone apart from cain. pretty obvious imo. stipe needs to fight jds or cain to be legit and everyone knows it.

Stipe doesn't need to do anything to be "legit" just cause someone on sherdog says so

I'd say its a really good chance, after beating Struve he'll probably get the shot, then I'd say a 70-80% chance. Stipe is no slouch tho, him winning would not be an upset by any means

Back