Rumored What's the biggest reason most Fighter's don't look like fitness models?

fighters focus on the skill of killing

models focus on looking like they can

what you're most likely confused about is that just because you train your muscles does not mean that they continually grow

If anything, fighters should focus on NOT getting too muscular

creates a greater demand of oxygen, possibly inhibit movement, and making that weight becomes harder

size does not always equate strength/power

with that said, there are still so many fighters that focus on hypertrophy and/or focus on hypertrophy workouts

its fuckin stupid

Because fitness models are under great lighting, cut water, and pump themselves up. They're pretty low energy during shoots lol. Fighters need energy to perform.

And obviously photoshop.

The vast majority of fighters in the UFC are in great physical shape. Wtf are you on about Chad?

I think he's curious about those who look nondescript, even though they have the physical capacities of professional athletes.

I think the face punching detracts from their good looks somewhat.

I don't know why they should. A fit body is more attractive than muscles growing out of your ears.

This is what peak performance in MMA looks like:

Fedor-kbs.jpg

Last edited:
Because for their different goals, fighters and fitness models favour different types of PEDs.
Agreed - but I believe that TS means that a model appearance should reasonably be a, although an indirect one, result from training that is typically performed by mma athletes. I.e, a couple of years of grappling should, logically, develop clear abs. I believe that one significant reason is the diet, but also that mma training forms the muscles in a different way than fitness training.

Fighters don't need big pec muscles, just functional pec muscles.
For punching power it's more useful to have bigger shoulder/bicep/tricep. The weight is more useful in other places.

I mean, they work out very hard, and apart from HW they are typically very low on fat.

Is it lack of testing in the fitness realm, or do fighters feel/fight better with a little extra fat storage?

Some fighter's are extremely lean, akin to a typical fitness model, but most aren't, why?

Alexandra_Stitch_Albu.jpg
Because some people have also discussed, being built for sport is different from a body building physique, overly developed biceps, chest and abs that serve little to no role in real functional strength. Secondly having too low a body fat percentage isn’t ideal for athletic performance, your cardio suffers and you’re more susceptible to knockouts etc

Athletes train for cardio and strength, for bulk.

When you train in order to build muscle, you take long pauses between the reps. Say you do 5 reps, each taking 45s. You may rest 1m after the first, 2m after the second and so on. If it's the legs, you may rest up to 6m per rep. This in order to make sure you reach muscle fatigue and not cardio fatigue.

That's usually not how athletes train. They "welcome" cardio fatigue.

If I was in a fight and needed someone to have my back, I'm pretty sure I'd take Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt or even that Australian dude that would beat the snot of a couple guys and steal their shoes to drink beers out of, over a fitness model or body builder.
tl,dr: having a "model" body doesn't mean you can fight

I came here expecting more hard bodies. Leaving disappointed.

It's probably because they're not fitness models.

Back