• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform What's the best video game in your opinion?

Hydro Thunder full cabinet with the fan that blows wind in your face

View attachment 964429
I finally unlocked all the bonus boats after all these years and one of them is a dude in a fishing boat with a dog who barks at the other boats when you pass them.

latest

<YayKpop>

You know what other game was the best, the Daytona USA multi cabinet set up
That game was so fun when you had like 8 cabinets all connected together at the arcade and multiplayer madness ensued, oh what fun times those were

daytona.jpg

Not one last of us casual yet, proud of you guys

Best game of all time is Warcraft 3 TFT or street fighter Third Strike

if we're talking single player games probably ocarina of time for the average player.

I like MGS V The Phantom Pain, but wish they put in some random bricks to hit with the head or rocks to smash that give out power ups or food or ammo or weapons.

Half Life - Back then as a kid in the 90's I'd never been more hyped for a game. The early trailers looked incredible. And then it came out and completely surpassed my expectations. And not only that it went on to spawn Counterstrike and other classics like Day of Defeat, which became my go to multiplayer for years and years afterwards

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

Still as intense as it was when I was a kid. The mechanics are just so perfect. I would argue that the Wii remake is objectively better, but it's just a skin over a timeless game. Few games give you the same sensory feedback satisfaction.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out

Still as intense as it was when I was a kid. The mechanics are just so perfect. I would argue that the Wii remake is objectively better, but it's just a skin over a timeless game. Few games give you the same sensory feedback satisfaction.

Great game an all time classic.

It's really hard to say, when you could consider a game's overall influence as well as how much fun it is to play.

If I had to pick, I'm going with the Mass Effect series.

In terms of influence, I'd throw these out there:

SMB games
Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania
Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat
Final Fantasy VII
Doom

Back