What's the beef between USA fans/fighters and Brazil?

I don't think there is a general animosity from American fans towards Brazilian fighters. In fact I think that, on the whole, American fans tend to be more accepting of Brazilian fighters than fans from other countries would be towards a fighter who does not share their nationality. That's not to say that you don't have any of that among American fans, but it is much less.

I think the rivalry mostly exists among drunk fans at bars or actual fight venues. As an american I root for fighters from various countries and don't have much of a preference towards my own countrymen.
However, get me liquored up and I can go full " 'murica, fuck yea" anytime.

At first it was the Fighters themselves that had some personal differences (Coleman, Wanderlei, Rampage, Shogun, etc.) , then the refs and judges weren't quite on the up and up when Fighting in Brazil, then the Brazillian Fans with their "You will die" chants sort of just escalated from there. Most on here don't care about all that. It's the young American sherpups that make ignorant statements that keeps this silliness alive on the forums. These youngsters thrive on pettiness.

Last edited:
Not sure what the big deal is. Some of my favorite fighters are Brazilian. JDS, RDA, Jacare. I was happy to see Aldo and Nunes win, even though I liked all fighters involved.

There's no real beef but it's fun to go back and forth with fight fans from other countries. Both have great fighters and both have a group of big mouth annoying fans that make it seem like everyone from that country is delusional. So I think it's just the fans with the biggest mouths that make it appear like there's beef.

Back