What's Next for Chael Sonnen?

IcemanFan75

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think Chael vs. Machida would be fun, but I doubt Chael wants to compete at MW where Machida currently fights. Maybe they'll sign Vitor? What do you think?

but i think Machida at LHW is much much better idea

If they can sign Belfort I think that would be the fight to make

Glory and hopefully a goddamn victory along the way.

Sonnen vs Mir

Loser retires for good

Sonnen vs Mir

Loser retires for good

Even in Mir's current condition...
After this fight Sonnen will have NO CHOICE but to retire. You cannot continue fighting when your arm is completely disfigured.

a Bob Sapp-like tapping tour of eastern Europe

Chael is the number 1 contender at lhw so I imagine he waits for his shot at the belt.

Hope Tito stays retired if they sign Vitor I'd prefer he fight Wandy , so I'd probably pair Sonnen with Machida or Mo

Probably Tito while the LHW situation works itself out a little more. Allows him to make a decent money fight, get that first fight back, and keep a little active. I think he wants to see if there is anything he can do at 205, though I don't think he's crazy enough to think he can get the title at this stage.

On his podcast recently he wanted a rematch with Tito. IMO honestly he should stay out of HW, and stick to MW-LHW. I'd like to see him win a couple, then face Moose.

On his podcast recently he wanted a rematch with Tito. IMO honestly he should stay out of HW, and stick to MW-LHW. I'd like to see him win a couple, then face Moose.
I love both guys but I dont think Chael has anything for Mousasi at this point.

Chael vs Tito would be fun. I would put money on Sonnen and hope he does not throw he fight again.

His next fight should be with honesty

Back