Whats next for Aldo after he trashes Frankie?

phily

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If he decisively wins against Frankie, I'm talking Russo hammer fists of doom type of shit, will he opt to move up to 155 and challenge Bendo for the title or stay at 145? I say move up because everyone and there little sister knows that Bendo and Franki are 1-1 and are mirror images in terms of difficulty of beating, so if Aldo steamrolls Frankie that will give a strong indicator that hes ready to rule the 155 division.

Frankie will win, so it doesn't matter.

Come at me.

Koch-Lamas winner. Or match up KZ with the Swanson-Siver winner and have them fight for a title shot.

Frankie has a good shot and I hope he wins, but if Aldo does, he should definitely move up to LW.

Styles make fights.

That said Aldo can be top 5 LW. I don't know if the size of a Ben Henderson might be an issue for Aldo though.

I bet he doesn't move up for another year or 2, FW is the most stacked its ever been. It'll either be KZ or Lamas/Koch winner. Im leaning towards its being Lamas Koch winner.

[QUOTE="Rush";77396209]I bet he doesn't move up for another year or 2, FW is the most stacked its ever been. It'll either be KZ or Lamas/Koch winner. Im leaning towards its being Lamas Koch winner.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Aldo have trouble cutting to 145? Wouldn't surprise me to see him try to move up after the Frankie fight (win or lose).

i think KZ already made his case but the Koch/Lamas winner would be in line as well...Mendes is working his way towards a rematch but hasnt beat any notable FWs just yet but he has looked impressive in his past 2 fights...Siver is riding a couple fight win streak and could def. be in line should he beat Swanson...i can see Guida being fast tracked should he beat Hioki...lots of options at FW...the division is really looking good right now IMO

Jose Aldo 1 Round TKO.
I hope he stays at featherweight a little bit longer, he got lots of time to move up.

Doesn't Aldo have trouble cutting to 145? Wouldn't surprise me to see him try to move up after the Frankie fight (win or lose).

To my knowledge the only fight hes struggled to make weight for was against Hominick and thats because he was sick.

I'm hoping BJ drops down to 145 and makes a run at the belt.

It would take BJ maybe two fights (I'm thinking Zombie and Faber) before he should get a shot, but BJ v Aldo (in Hawaii???) would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

That becomes a major probable though if Frankie pulls out the win, which is VERY possible.

EDIT:
Got carried away... just realized I didn't answer your question.

Aldo v Edgar winner should fight the Siver v Swanson winner.

I'm hoping BJ drops down to 145 and makes a run at the belt.

It would take BJ maybe two fights (I'm thinking Zombie and Faber) before he should get a shot, but BJ v Aldo (in Hawaii???) would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

That becomes a major probable though if Frankie pulls out the win, which is VERY possible.

EDIT:
Got carried away... just realized I didn't answer your question.

Aldo v Edgar winner should fight the Siver v Swanson winner.

sorry but bj at 145 is a pipe dream if i ever heard one

bj wont even get in the shape to make 155 anymore even though, aside from winning the title from hughes a century ago, he's always been his best at 155

you are right that it's what he should do though

imo he should've dropped after losing the rematch to edgar and shouldve never fought fitch, diaz and rory....especially rory

i bet dana would've made aldo/penn after one win from penn at 145 and probably even without a win at 145

sorry but bj at 145 is a pipe dream if i ever heard one

bj wont even get in the shape to make 155 anymore even though, aside from winning the title from hughes a century ago, he's always been his best at 155

you are right that it's what he should do though

imo he should've dropped after losing the rematch to edgar and shouldve never fought fitch, diaz and rory....especially rory

i bet dana would've made aldo/penn after one win from penn at 145 and probably even without a win at 145

[YT]RwUGSYDKUxU[/YT]

He could fight KZ or Poirier or move to LW. Doesn't matter though as Frankie will take a UD.

Frankie has a good shot, and i believe he's going to win

I love Bendo, but I doubt he will still be champ by the time Aldo moves up

Back