What's a good USB 3.0 flash drive?

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I thought I wanted to order Lexar 32GB S25 with some rebate, but read reviews saying the connector is cheap plastic and breaks easily. I thought I wanted Verbatim V3 MAX, but a review said no LED so hard to tell if it's being accessed or safe to unplug.

Other problems I'm reading about are crap write speeds.

I also want one that has a sturdy keychain hole to attach to keychain.

Sandisk are among the better ones from what I've read. Don't know about the lanyard, though.

Sandisk 32gb and 64 gb sd card's have big problems.
They keep failing on my note 3.

Not too sure about the flash drives but i would stay away.

I actually bought this 128 gb from lexar.
It's reliable and super fast.

Em7srdOzg.jpg

All the same.

Overyhugger, the TS is asking about USB flash drives (i.e. thumb sticks), not microSD cards.
All the same.
No. It can be very difficult in tech, sometimes, to know which "brands" are just branding of OEM's that all come from the same factory (usually in China), but they are not all the same.

To the TS, LED indicators really aren't a big deal. If you want to know if a flash drive is ready to eject, then just dismount the drive in Windows. As to performance, reference this article:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/usb-3.0-thumb-drive-review,3477.html

That's a highly esteemed tech reviewer. Their stuff is always sound.

Thanks. I'm going to go with Sandisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0. It's like double the price of the cheaper USB 3.0 flash drives, but I guess you have to pay extra for the "extreme" write speed.

i've had a ton of of them but i pretty much just use them to put movies on.. but the one i've had the least probs with of all of them in a PNY 64gb 3.0 i bought from tiger direct for pretty cheap.

One of the first batches of blank CD-R's I bought were PNY and some of them are now unreadable, so I don't really trust PNY for some reason.

I will say this, in regards to SSD's Samsung make some quality drives. I have am 840 EVO 128 GB, 840 Pro 128 GB, and my current one an 850 Pro 512 GB

Back