Whatever happened to Ricardo Arona?

VoodooTrumpet

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
After the demise of PRIDE I recall he fought Marvin Eastman in Brazil, and I hoped this would preface a UFC debut, but he's not fought since.

His Wikipedia page that apparently Bellator offered him a contract a couple of years ago which he turned down.

Anyone know why he stopped competing?

is it that time of the month already?

what happened to Marvin the Beastman Eastman ?

surfing and banging hot chicks

Aronasurf.jpg

There were rumors that he was making a comeback. So far it's just that, rumors.

After the demise of PRIDE I recall he fought Marvin Eastman in Brazil, and I hoped this would preface a UFC debut, but he's not fought since.

His Wikipedia page that apparently Bellator offered him a contract a couple of years ago which he turned down.

Anyone know why he stopped competing?
Yeah idk, always hoped to see him back

Arona threads should be banned until there's actual news to report

Anyone remember the time, before Lyoto Machida joined the UFC, when there was weekly, "Whose this Lyoto guy" threads?

This thread makes me nostalgic for times of yore. Not for the time where Arona actually fought. But for the days where "Whatever happened to Arona" threads where a weekly thing.

He got injured a lot and developed interests outside of shootfighting. He tore his ACL in his fight with Marvin Eastman, as an example, and suffered a lot of injuries since then, and his surfing has become well known. He's apparently still recovering from some old nagging injuries, even all these years later, and he's said he'd want them all to be completely healed before he takes another fight. He apparently still grapples, and he was rumored to be trying to start his own Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gym a while back, and there was a rumor last year that he was announcing his comeback soon that had a lot more bearing to it than any other that's circulated around since his departure.
So he may come back still, but he may not.

Injuries, stricter testing and I dont imagine anyone was willing to pay top dollar for him. Easier to surf and not get punched in the head for a living.

He's gay now and lives on a pacific island with a small indian boy.

Last edited:
Back