What you cooking/eating tonight? Sherdog Needs A Food Truck

I'm eating pretty much the same every day.

For lunch is white rice + chicken or pork.

At night I do some sweet potatos + some veggie hamburguers (usually peacock and eggs) + salad

Coffee in between.

I'm eating pretty much the same every day.

For lunch is white rice + chicken or pork.

At night I do some sweet potatos + some veggie hamburguers (usually peacock and eggs) + salad

Coffee in between.
That's pretty healthy dude, my lunch times mostly consist of lentil/chickpea curry and rice or noodles of some kind.
Both real cheap and easy

Evening meals are basically trying to come up with something different to do with chicken or sausages each night!

Where’s the fat? Looks like a regular top sirloin.

I think what we call Sirloin the UK is a Strip / New York Strip in the States and possibly from a different part of the animal so same name different cut? The fat runs along the topside of the meat - its pretty chewy and not like the fat in a Ribeye. I like to sear mine on its edge over a medium heat to render some of it out.

Nicer to eat, and gives you tasty beef fat to cook the steak in

That's pretty healthy dude, my lunch times mostly consist of lentil/chickpea curry and rice or noodles of some kind.
Both real cheap and easy

Evening meals are basically trying to come up with something different to do with chicken or sausages each night!
Sounds like we have pretty much the same diet lol.

BTW.. lentils and chickpeas are interchangeable in mine. Today I gotta do lentils but still don't know in which format (made empanadas the other day and it were glorious).

Made a big pot of veggie chili last night. Some tortillas and sour cream and im good for 4ish days.

Both real cheap and easy

You’re on that longevity diet: high on legume carbs, veggies, and moderate animal protein.

My vegan friend made these, had to cross post:

Spelt pancake
Elderberry syrup
Warm apple + pear fruit
Meringue made by chickpea brine
087813CF-989D-4697-952D-6969F122E6DF.jpeg

Walnut and Burro banana creme cheesecake:

Oat quinoa hemp seed date crust
Elderberry syrup
cordycep + reishi cacao drizzle
Purple porterweed flowers
Coco flakes
CD5B3F83-F5B7-460A-A054-8F5FAA7EC2B6.jpeg

Sounds like we have pretty much the same diet lol.

BTW.. lentils and chickpeas are interchangeable in mine. Today I gotta do lentils but still don't know in which format (made empanadas the other day and it were glorious).
Yeah I mostly use lentils as they are much cheaper and can buy in bulk. Mostly I'd do some kind of Dahl, it's effortless and damn tasty.
Empanadas sounds interesting, you use lentils and what else in them?

My vegan friend made these, had to cross post:

Spelt pancake
Elderberry syrup
Warm apple + pear fruit
Meringue made by chickpea brine
View attachment 761406

Walnut and Burro banana creme cheesecake:

Oat quinoa hemp seed date crust
Elderberry syrup
cordycep + reishi cacao drizzle
Purple porterweed flowers
Coco flakes
View attachment 761408
Holy shit they look awesome

Nope , I'm a traditionalist.

You tried Yorkshire pudding with sugar ?
My Grandad would always start his Sunday dinner with Yorkshire pudding, sugar and gravy and finish with apple pie with cheese. Could never get on board with the sugar on Yorkshire puddings but apple pie and cheese is the way ahead...

upload_2020-4-17_23-10-13.jpeg
Harissa chicken, griddled asparagus and a spinach, ricotta and pistachio salad. We’ve had glorious sunshine for the last week or so, the day I decide to break out my summer menu it’s been cold and wet...

Yeah I mostly use lentils as they are much cheaper and can buy in bulk. Mostly I'd do some kind of Dahl, it's effortless and damn tasty.
Empanadas sounds interesting, you use lentils and what else in them?
I do them just like the meat ones. In my case onions, egg and the lentils (cooked of course). Add some pepper and whatever you want and it's super simple.

Lentils most well known recipee here is "guiso de lentejas". That is a winter classic:

guiso-de-lentejas-2.jpg

(lentils, potatos, carrots, onion, some spicy chorizo and whatever you want to throw)

I do them just like the meat ones. In my case onions, egg and the lentils (cooked of course). Add some pepper and whatever you want and it's super simple.

Lentils most well known recipee here is "guiso de lentejas". That is a winter classic:

guiso-de-lentejas-2.jpg

(lentils, potatos, carrots, onion, some spicy chorizo and whatever you want to throw)
Looks like a good old fashion stew, bloody lovely!

Care to share your recipe? I rarely do baking and I'm still too find a savoury scone recipe that I'm happy with.
4oz Self Raising flour
1oz cold butter (cut into cubes)
1/2 tspn baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1oz cheese (finely grated)
Milk (Probably around 50-60ml)

Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and cayenne pepper then rub in the butter, followed by the cheese then whatever else you want, I usually go with herbs but made some last week with bits of leftover bacon which were really nice.
Slowly add milk until you have a fairly soft dough then knead very lightly, roll out to about an inch thickness and cut into rounds. Glaze the tops with milk or beaten egg.
I pre-heat a baking tray while doing this, then put the scones on baking parchment on the tray and bake at 180c (fan) for 15-20 minutes.
It’ll only make a small batch, they’ll be past their best after about 24 hours so I don’t tend to make lots at a time but the recipe doubles really easily. It’s pretty flexible too, once you’ve added the cheese you can put pretty much what you want in as long as it’s relatively dry and any reasonably hard cheese works.

4oz Self Raising flour
1oz cold butter (cut into cubes)
1/2 tspn baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1oz cheese (finely grated)
Milk (Probably around 50-60ml)

Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and cayenne pepper then rub in the butter, followed by the cheese then whatever else you want, I usually go with herbs but made some last week with bits of leftover bacon which were really nice.
Slowly add milk until you have a fairly soft dough then knead very lightly, roll out to about an inch thickness and cut into rounds. Glaze the tops with milk or beaten egg.
I pre-heat a baking tray while doing this, then put the scones on baking parchment on the tray and bake at 180c (fan) for 15-20 minutes.
It’ll only make a small batch, they’ll be past their best after about 24 hours so I don’t tend to make lots at a time but the recipe doubles really easily. It’s pretty flexible too, once you’ve added the cheese you can put pretty much what you want in as long as it’s relatively dry and any reasonably hard cheese works.
Good man, I'll try that next time I defrost some milk. I used an old Dutch Gouda in the last lot, added turmeric and herbs into the mix.
They were nice but tasted too floury

Back