what would you say the chances...

JoshuaGilbert

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
of Fedor signing with the UFC over Bellator are? I'd give it 60-40, with the edge to Bellator, due to the fact that Fedor/M1 already have had former business dealings with Coker, Bellator has Viacom to pay out as opposed to UFC's abmissal Reebok deal, and the fact that M1 could, and probably will try their co-promotion bullshit that cost them a deal with UFC years ago. If UFC can offer Fedor more money than Reebok pays, and can satisfy M1 without co-promotion that is the only way I can picture them getting Fedor.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
of Fedor signing with the UFC over Bellator are? I'd give it 60-40, with the edge to Bellator, due to the fact that Fedor/M1 already have had former business dealings with Coker, Bellator has Viacom to pay out as opposed to UFC's abmissal Reebok deal, and the fact that M1 could, and probably will try their co-promotion bullshit that cost them a deal with UFC years ago. If UFC can offer Fedor more money than Reebok pays, and can satisfy M1 without co-promotion that is the only way I can picture them getting Fedor.

What do you guys think?

Fedor said himself, that he wants to fight the best fighters. who exactly is over at Bellator? Who's in their heavyweight division?

Fedor said himself, that he wants to fight the best fighters. who exactly is over at Bellator? Who's in their heavyweight division?

Was going to say this. If he really wants to fight the best, he'll come to the UFC. Fuck, just thinking about it makes me excited :redface: :icon_chee

Fedor and M1 blew a lot of his cache, so now he's in a weaker position as far as bargaining power goes.

He knows he wants to go to UFC but he needs to generate some bids from Bellator and WSOF in order to leverage them into a better deal with the UFC.

Unfortunately for him the UFC knows all of this. Fedor's deal is going to be way worse than it would have been before.

The more guys in the UFC's top-10 who demand Fedor fights, the better. He needs to generate more hype otherwise I don't see them coming to an agreement. If he was smart he'd leak photos of himself hulked up swinging kettlebells and such every couple of weeks, maybe run into someone like Cain in the street and start a beef. He won't do that though.

60/40 for UFC sounds about right. Everything about this situation says the UFC makes sense, but his history with M1 and DFW and Coker and Strikeforce and all of that mean Bellator is a real possibility.

He'll probably end up fighting Kongo at Bellator, maybe Lashley after that, call it quits and leave us all talking aqbout him being in the UFC for another decade or so.

What do you guys think?

On a positive note Fedors manager said it is just Fedor on the table this time around and said that M-1 isn't looking for co-promotion.

The Reebok deal is pretty crappy but if they pay him good and throw in PPV bonuses it could be a very good deal.

Fedor with the UFC PPV/advertising could be huge amounts. Werdum and Fedor have both talked about wanting a rematch
as well.

Fedor's going to knock-out Werdum, Cain, Jon Jones and whoever else they put in front of him. Mark my words.

I think it'll come down to the co-promotion thing. If they push the matter then he'll have to go with Bellator cause there will be no deal with the UFC.

Something tells me that this negotiation isn't all about the money. He previously retired and I'm sure that he's done well with his money. Russian banks are crazy. My buddy is russian and their bank accounts pay 10% interest. Thats not even investing money! So he must be doing fine. This is all about challenging himself. He's gonna sign with the UFC

He seems to say everything that hints he wants to fight in the UFC but they have never been able to get anything done before, not sure what to think

Back