• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What would you do with an extra $1,000 a month?

Still looking huh? Trying to avoid a condo?

?

Pretty much. Fuck paying some 300 dollar HOA so I can have a community pool and some plants in front of my yard.

Nothing exciting at all, invest the amount on the stock market so I can retire at 55 (if I still want to retire at that age).

That is my goal.

Pretty much. Fuck paying some 300 dollar HOA so I can have a community pool and some plants in front of my yard.
I agree. I'm finally on the verge of getting a job since I moved here a few months ago and it'll be in North County... even if I don't get this job, I'm going to end up in North County because of my field.

The gf works for the state, right by the border in Otay Mesa.

It'll be fun trying to find something halfway between. Single family home or bust imo as well.

I agree. I'm finally on the verge of getting a job since I moved here a few months ago and it'll be in North County... even if I don't get this job, I'm going to end up in North County because of my field.

The gf works for the state, right by the border in Otay Mesa.

It'll be fun trying to find something halfway between. Single family home or bust imo as well.

single family raise me daddy

You drunk posting again?

426.png

...no?

Extra $1000? It's not all that much. I'll probably save half, then use the rest for leisure money (travel, movies, eating out).

Invest in country that paid the ubi, cause you know consumption is going to increase.

I do fine with what I have.

I have more than $80K in the bank, and paying $1K a month paying off my school loans, so with an additional $1K I'd just pay off my school loans faster.

Aren't your loans at stupid high rates?

this would come in handy to get rid of debt faster, would take half a year instead of a full year.
then - invest $500 a month and $500 for hobbies and fun

If you gave everyone an extra 1000, they'd just give it back to the rich.

Rich people are experts at getting you to spend your money on the shit they're selling.

Imagine a grown up in a classroom with some kids. There's a limited amount of candy in the classroom. After a while, the grown up will have all the candy. They will earn it at a faster rate because they can work harder, they will trade for it, and they will trick the kids out of it.

This is how it is with money. Give as much as you want to poor people, but the rich will just end up taking it, because they've developed the skill of getting and keeping money.

Well isn't that a bleak view.

Kinda of like why give food to the starving they are just going to eat it.

Aren't your loans at stupid high rates?

Yep, because I defaulted on them for so long.

If I didn't start paying the minimum payments they'd start adding $157 of interest per month to the principle.

I owed $35K, and the loans were originally for $25K.

But now I only owe $12800, so I'll be completely debt free by September of next year.

Feels good man.

Wouldn't a $12,000 tax break do just that? Seems like adding a middle man that doesn't need to be there if I pay that in taxes and they give it right back in monthly installments.

Would need to be a refundable offset.

Thus if no tax payable, you get $12000 cheque. Tax bill of say 13000, you pay $1000. Etc

Yep, because I defaulted on them for so long.

If I didn't start paying the minimum payments they'd start adding $157 of interest per month to the principle.

I owed $35K, and the loans were originally for $25K.

But now I only owe $12800, so I'll be completely debt free by September of next year.

Feels good man.

I wasn't talking about you personally, but the whole countries rate.

But good work, being debt free after holding it for a long time feels excellent.

Personally I still owe some student debt, but it incurs interest at CPI so best to hold it and put money in a cash savings account which earns more.

Just use every penny of it renting a better place.

Back