Social What would you do if your kids did this?

And he is 260 pounds with mental disorder.
I suppose the first thing I’d do is put him on a fucking diet.

But in all seriousness, I don’t know how you could do anything about that. I suppose I would get him all the medical help I could, which I’m sure they already do. Other than that, I guess don’t ever buy nice things?

It's one of the toughest aspects of having mentally disabled kids. That and what happens to them after you die. Most parents lives becomes caring for the kid forever. It's not easy to find a home where they'll be well looked after.

Hard wood floors and perspex over the TV otherwise you go through one of them a week. Onesie back to front so the zip is on the back to prevent them removing it at night and convering everything with shit. It's a wild situation parents find themselves in.

I'm just going to say that I am quite thankful that I have healthy well behaved kids and a rock solid marriage and leave it at that.

Raising kids isn't easy and it can be a lot harder if the odds are stacked against you.

That's a parenting issue. You are not a good parent if you have an obese kid. And no being a single parent isn't an excuse.

Nowadays just bitch about it I guess. I’d have been murderered lol.

Looks like a false flag operation where she is trying to milk sympathy for gofundme or sth

Not buying it

Yeah, because mental issues are always cured by having a father or boundaries.

Fudge outta here.

You're taking the mother's word for her son having 'mental issues' yet he suddenly snaps after she takes his IPhone.

I'm calling bullshit on the 'mental issues' because she was begging for money and wanted to be framed as the victim, rather than the villain.

You're taking the mother's word for her son having 'mental issues' yet he suddenly snaps after she takes his IPhone.

I'm calling bullshit on the 'mental issues' because she was begging for money and wanted to be framed as the victim, rather than the villain.

Carry on my wayward sherbro.

My mother worked for a Respite service for several years, where you basically babysit ‘different’ kids for the day to give parents a break. The challenges for some parents as those kids get bigger and hit puberty were rough to see. Normal teenagers can be psychotic, let alone kids with genuine developmental issues.

Hard to judge full context here, and if the story is legit, but given how you see some otherwise ‘normal’ kids react when you see something as addictive as a phone or PlayStation taken off them, I could believe this. Parenting isn’t easy at the best of times.

I think we lean too much on the mental disorder excuse.

Kids with mental disorders still need to be taught discipline. Because if you excuse their behavior because they have mental issues, the kids learn super fast that this is the way to get whatever they want.

If your kid is out of control to where they're a danger to others, then yes, slap the shit out of them. Your mental disorder doesn't remove all the boundaries from life.

After the kid is calm again, then get the professional help. Ass-whoopings and therapy can work hand in hand.

That’s the first thing that popped in my mind, “mental disorder “? She’d have been more specific if he actually had something.

“Mental disorder” is her way of describing her psychotic low IQ monster kid who lacks impulse control just like all the other fatherless bastards rotting in prisons across the country.

I think we lean too much on the mental disorder excuse.

Kids with mental disorders still need to be taught discipline. Because if you excuse their behavior because they have mental issues, the kids learn super fast that this is the way to get whatever they want.

If your kid is out of control to where they're a danger to others, then yes, slap the shit out of them. Your mental disorder doesn't remove all the boundaries from life.

After the kid is calm again, then get the professional help. Ass-whoopings and therapy can work hand in hand.

Fully agreed.
I'm NOT saying there aren't kids that really have mental health issues and these group SHOULD be be given proper health care.
But EVERY kid that gets into trouble are diagnosed with ADHD, introvert, or whatever mental disorder nowadays. I think it's bunch of bullcrap and excuse. Most are just kids that lacks discipline because of their upbringings. But parents see these "diagnosis" and shrug their actions off like they are exempted from any mistake they make, almost like a get out of jail free card. As more and more parents let more and more of these actions goes unpunished, kids will grow up entitled and will suffer during adulthood when they go into the real world.

Back