What would it take for you to take interest in the Flyweight/Bantamweight divisions?

RyPie555

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Lowest weight classes get nothing but hate

IMO this series TUF had the best line up in terms of quality fights & fighters, yet most non-hardcore fans hated on it

IMO DJ is already a pleasure to watch, he's literally like watching a master of Muay Thai, Wrestling and Ground work perform, yet he doesn't get the praise he truly deserves.

Do these lower divisions need a colourful character like McGregor or a savage manlet version of Lawler or a "bad boy" character like the Diaz Bros?

What would make you and the casuals pay attention to the little guys?

lol a "bad boy" manlet is cringe, people would hate that shit

a manlet needs to be humble and soft spoken to be tolerated. a loud outspoken manlet just attracts extra derision and hate

There is nothing that can be done. The problem people have with these fighters are that they weigh 125 and 135 and are fully grown men. Before Conor came along I think 155 was the cut off for casuals. And that's probably
Because he's a big 145er lol...

They will never be accepted. I've concluded this. And I'm a fan of Dom Cruz and Mighty mouse. But it's just not happening dude. There filler weight.

More finishes, watching at .75x speed.

Lowest weight classes get nothing but hate

IMO this series TUF had the best line up in terms of quality fights & fighters, yet most non-hardcore fans hated on it

IMO DJ is already a pleasure to watch, he's literally like watching a master of Muay Thai, Wrestling and Ground work perform, yet he doesn't get the praise he truly deserves.

Do these lower divisions need a colourful character like McGregor or a savage manlet version of Lawler or a "bad boy" character like the Diaz Bros?

What would make you and the casuals pay attention to the little guys?

If they were all like Yair Rodriguez?

a manlet needs to be humble and soft spoken to be tolerated. a loud outspoken manlet just attracts extra derision and hate

Agree that it is cringe but I think it would get people tuning in to watch, and if said manlet is actually KOing people devastatingly then he would warm on people

Most people found McGregors schtick cringe (myself included) but when he KOd the GOAT clean, what else can you say but he's the man

Make the Men's fly-weights fight the Womens FW's... maybe a 2-on-1 type deal.

I really don't know . I mean I like watching Cruz and mm but it doesn't bother me to miss their fights

Agree that it is cringe but I think it would get people tuning in to watch, and if said manlet is actually KOing people devastatingly then he would warm on people

Most people found McGregors schtick cringe (myself included) but when he KOd the GOAT clean, what else can you say but he's the man
Conor is 5ft9 tho, that's "grown" man status per most people.

Lurch detected and triggered

They'll never be popular with fans. Just won't happen.

Love those divisions though.

Hmmmmmm.....?????
-A 115 mens division so people can hate on them instead.
-A dominant finishing machine or 2.
-A loud moth who walks the walk.
-A dominant wrestler who nobody can stop (Khabib-Askren type). People will want to see them forced into a firefight.
-Someone who when asked whats next doesn't say "Whatever the UFC wants..."
-A truly competitive nemesis to push Mighty Mouse and beat him up a little, maybe even beat him. A loss could be a good thing for MM overall. It might drum up some interest in the division. Maybe a fight with the 135 champ. I think 135 is much more well received than 125 so maybe a super fight will help.
-Time. I think theyl be fine in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back