what would be your ideal schedule?

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
as above being realistic what would be your dream training schedule if you were wanting to become the best possible competition grappler if you still had to work around a job.

Last edited:
ehhhh live about 10 mins from the gym.
get paid to train. a friend of mine made a deal with james wilks similar to that.
the deal is as follows:
he trains 6 days a week.
every class
and he has to actually fight.
in return he dosent have to pay wilks a dime.
so far he has made tremendous progress. daves a beast

My local schools only offer short, open mats on Saturdays and Sundays. I've never understood why more schools don't cater to the weekend crowd.

So... the ideal schedule would obviously leave you with two days off of work so you can train your ass off those days; along with the standard after work sessions.

shit gets hella easy when your boss trains at the same place you do. That's my secret.

i find the 24 on 48 hour off schedule of a firefighter to be pretty ideal. 24 hours on work where you are free to workout and sleep whenever not on a call or cleaning something. 48 hours off to train bjj. in a perfect world i would jog or do circuits on my days at work, then hit bjj for 3 classes a day, 1 in the am 2 at night. weekend schedule at the gym means it doest always work out that perfect, however it is pretty easy to hit around 10 to 15 hours of class per week, as we have 1 workout sat and sunday.

Back