What would be the odds for McGregor Vs Paul (with 6 months - 1 year training) in MMA?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Am just curious since Paul has thrown this out there and says he only needs 6 months full time training and thinks he can win.
I am doubtful.

What would be the odds if they fought?

(Not odds of it happening, odds for either winning)

Depends what weight class we are talking about? Paul would be MW in the UFC. I don't think he could make WW. McGregor is a small welterweight. So this fight has to happen at MW.

McGregor would be around -200 but size difference makes the whole thing tricky. I don't think McGregor has enough power to KO Paul. He needs to land a flush head kick or something to make it happen.

Paul claims he can do it at catchweight of 175.

I have zero experience training, and I could train him.

Half of the training in sprawling/takedown defense.
Half of the training in checking leg kicks/avoiding/blocking head/body kicks

With 0 fights going in? -400 at least, probs more

My money would deffinatly be on Jake he already has a wrestling background to some degree doesn't he anyway?

Would be cool to see Conor pull off a gogoplata there.

My money would deffinatly be on Jake he already has a wrestling background to some degree doesn't he anyway?
In all honesty I hate to admit it but you may not be wrong. He is bigger and younger and hits harder. If he can stop the takedown he would have a good shot.

aYNot as high as chimaev over burns lol. Depends on weight class though, i doubt paul could make welterweight and mcgregor is a lightweight at best. If it was at a catch weight of 180 id say Conor -400

It would be interesting just for who shoots the first takedown factor.

Back