What would be a great game that hasn't been created thus far?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Besides some sort of virtual reality game I guess or someone creates the holodeck.

What else is out there?

Any ideas?

A great pirate game. Sea of Thieves was fun but repetitive. They nailed the PvP aspect though. Something less cartoonish and more GTA on the high seas.

An online Shadowun RPG. Be fun to go on runs with friends or a group of randoms (think GTA style heists) and have cybered gunfights, magic, drones and matrix shenanigans integrated into missions, along with an open world to randomly cause chaos

A ww2 simulator tower defence. The last battle in Saving Private Ryan kind of idea.

Any sort of open world sandbox that's based on the real world. How cool would that be, even if it was just based on low resolution google maps data. Some sort of imaginative city building game where youd have to move around the planet to find/trade for resources. If they included the real names and features of present day countries, it would be a great learning tool.

A great pirate game. Sea of Thieves was fun but repetitive. They nailed the PvP aspect though. Something less cartoonish and more GTA on the high seas.

An online Shadowun RPG. Be fun to go on runs with friends or a group of randoms (think GTA style heists) and have cybered gunfights, magic, drones and matrix shenanigans integrated into missions, along with an open world to randomly cause chaos
Pirate game for sure. People always say Black Flag, but it was barely a pirate game, and all the AC stuff bogged it down. My dream would basically be Rimworld on a ship, balancing personalities and strengths of crew, then just Sid Meier ship combat and much better on-land sections. There have been so many that get this or that right but nothing is ever the total package.

I'd love to play a Mario themed Diablo style game. I can only play so much Mario Kart and Mario Party with the family. We love Mario games on family game nights, but there are only a handful of games we have to play.

Pirate game for sure. People always say Black Flag, but it was barely a pirate game, and all the AC stuff bogged it down. My dream would basically be Rimworld on a ship, balancing personalities and strengths of crew, then just Sid Meier ship combat and much better on-land sections. There have been so many that get this or that right but nothing is ever the total package.
I know, I can't believe no one has piggybacked on the success Black Flag, One Piece, and Pirates of the Caribbean, with a big budget SP pirate themed game. It's the perfect setting for an open world game. They don't have to render that much land as most people will want to spend a ton of time sailing/pillaging. Just focus on a couple of large settlements with little pockets of locations to find treasure.

Risen 2 would have been great if you could actually captain your ship.

Cyberpunk gave me the open world sci-fi game I always wanted. For the sequel I hope they expand on Night City while including other locations (go in space too) and letting us actually use flying cars natively.

Maybe something in vein of an open-world For Honor with its proprietary Art of Battle system.

That's a fucken good one. I'd buy that.

A ww2 simulator tower defence. The last battle in Saving Private Ryan kind of idea.

Any sort of open world sandbox that's based on the real world. How cool would that be, even if it was just based on low resolution google maps data. Some sort of imaginative city building game where youd have to move around the planet to find/trade for resources. If they included the real names and features of present day countries, it would be a great learning tool.

Very interesting.

Btw do you play Sid Meier's Pirates!? I had it for C64. What a classic, played that game to death. lol

Always thought Supernatural was ripe for an open world RPG, alternative play throughs, save the day as the Winchester’s or end it as Lucifer, get someone like CD Projekt Red involved.

Hardly ground breaking though, could prob even get most of the cast onboard.

I had an idea as a teenager that this thread brought back.

1st person, generational life sim.

Start in the bronze age, anywhere in the world (all major civilizations of time will be represented), and after making your character and picking your initial traits, just live a life in the bronze age.

Objective is to keep the game going by having a kid and either choosing to jump into that character as a baby or wait until your character dies, then live that characters life and repeat.

The world is on an accelerated timer, so you only have a certain amount of time per character. Over time, the ages also pass, so you can live a life in a country through the iron age, dark age, medieval to renaissance, to modern and then to future times.

You can also learn to explore and travel continents if you wish. The game would be historically accurate, so if you wanted to be an English explorer who travelled to and settled in China, you could, though you have to deal with the dangers of it as well. You can also choose to be one of the first settlers in the states, or be part of an invading force and not choose to return home, though indigenous AI will respond accordingly.

You can be a professor, a scientist, a doctor, a lawyer, a farmer, fight wars or be a criminal, all professions of the past and modern day are to be accounted for. A homeless drifter going from state to state, or a serial killer who is trying to go through the US border to Mexico.

Major events are recreated, so you can experience the World Wars as a soldier or photograph 9/11. Of course there are risks, as dying without heirs can cause the game to end.

A newer version of Dungeon Fighter Online made by a decent company. Very unique gameplay.

Back