What weight should i fght at?

nhbjpj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what would be a good weight to fight at ?I am 5'7" and right now I weight 180lb I have strong stand up but need work on my ground .Right now I take bjj classes and the people are from 160lb to 200lb .I cant get a good estimate on what my weight should be.On the ground I am alot stronger than the 160lb to 175lbers but they have alot more speed .trying to takedown the 190lb to 200lb is hard but when we get on the ground we have equal strength.Also standing up with the taller guys is difficult because of there reach.What should I try to fight at ?If I lost 5lbs fat and gained 10lbs more mass I would be at 185lb but would it be a good idea standing with a true 6' 185lber?

nhbjpj said:
what would be a good weight to fight at ?I am 5'7" and right now I weight 180lb I have strong stand up but need work on my ground .Right now I take bjj classes and the people are from 160lb to 200lb .I cant get a good estimate on what my weight should be.On the ground I am alot stronger than the 160lb to 175lbers but they have alot more speed .trying to takedown the 190lb to 200lb is hard but when we get on the ground we have equal strength.Also standing up with the taller guys is difficult because of there reach.What should I try to fight at ?If I lost 5lbs fat and gained 10lbs more mass I would be at 185lb but would it be a good idea standing with a true 6' 185lber?

How lean are you? ALso, remember 10lbs more muscle will make you slower and reduce your stamina. If you have a few lbs to loose(in other words you don't see abs but you aren't fat) try to get down to approx 170. You should keep most of your strength and will be faster with greater endurance.

I agree with beef. At only 5'7" you need to lose a few pounds to be competative.

Your 5'7 and 180...im 5'11 and 180 and could stand to lose 10...You should honestly drop down to 155 or 160

TapSD said:
Your 5'7 and 180...im 5'11 and 180 and could stand to lose 10...You should honestly drop down to 155 or 160

Height and Weight isn't everything, you gotta look at body mass to.

For examble, Matt Hughes is 3'0" (maybe a little taller) and he's a heavy mofo..

EclipseAgent said:
Height and Weight isn't everything, you gotta look at body mass to.

For examble, Matt Hughes is 3'0" (maybe a little taller) and he's a heavy mofo..
So you think he has as much muscle mass as Matt Hughes? I love it when fat people go "you know..muscle weighs more than fat"...always cracks me up

TapSD said:
So you think he has as much muscle mass as Matt Hughes? I love it when fat people go "you know..muscle weighs more than fat"...always cracks me up

Matt is not that heavy just do to muscle, but also because he has a bigger frame. I am just at 6 foot in height and at 180lbs I look like a corpse.

Back