What Waterson is doing in flyweight division

That gif is probably very old but it sure is nice.

I'm not sure of the gif age, but her hairline doesn't look like her current Junior Dos Santos situation, so you are probably correct.

-200 to win ....+300 to finish ....

I'm gunna throw 300 on it ....she's a lock to win !!!.....5 rounds I think she'll finish her too ....the +300 to finish is VERY tempting ....-200 to win is guaranteed money though
not bad at all! maybe do a small side bet on a finish, just for fun...but don't parlay it. Waterson's no pushover

not bad at all! maybe do a small side bet on a finish, just for fun...but don't parlay it. Waterson's no pushover

I respectfully disagree ....I think waterson is horrendous !! ....for a "karate" fighter , she will get killed if it stays on the feet !

And if esparza struggled to grind a grapplefucks win out over marina - I think there's no hope that michelle can .

Michelle's 18-8 and her wins are very questionable ....and they fed her ez opponents caz the promotion tried to push her, and she still arguably lost .

I feel marina is MUCH better and much bigger ....one of the easiest win predictions ever IMO!.....caz in a sport where one punch can change it , michelle doesn't even posses the power to get a lucky punch .

I respectfully disagree ....I think waterson is horrendous !! ....for a "karate" fighter , she will get killed if it stays on the feet !

And if esparza struggled to grind a grapplefucks win out over marina - I think there's no hope that michelle can .

Michelle's 18-8 and her wins are very questionable ....and they fed her ez opponents caz the promotion tried to push her, and she still arguably lost .

I feel marina is MUCH better and much bigger ....one of the easiest win predictions ever IMO!.....caz in a sport where one punch can change it , michelle doesn't even posses the power to get a lucky punch .
respectfully? the internet's not supposed to be respectful! but seriously I was just thinking in terms of her getting finished. had to look it up, and Michelle was last finished in 2017 (subbed by Rose). but being at 125lbs, wouldn't be shocked if she loses by TKO

Marina is pretty big and probably has to cut a lot. No doubt it was her who requested 125.

Michelle could make 125 in one sauna session. The woman used to fight at 105! This is not good for Michelle. Maybe Greg Jackson saw a hole in Rodriguez's game? A way to take her down and submit her?

Dunno. In any case the size difference will be huge when that cage door closes! WAR HOTTIE!

6PfqOQq.gif

Most important point in this thread that's not getting looked at enough here.

Rose and Marina have both fought solely at 115 in the UFC. So what's the point of this thread?
It’s not correct though. Michelle only fights at 115 because atom weight isn’t available in the ufc.

Let me put it this way. Imagine if Jose came to the ufc pre wec merger and fought at 155 because he wanted to be in the most profitable organization. He’s not a LW, but he’s fighting there...ok. Now imagine he agrees to fight another 155er on short notice at 170. That’s essentially what’s happened.

It’s not correct though. Michelle only fights at 115 because atom weight isn’t available in the ufc.

Let me put it this way. Imagine if Jose came to the ufc pre wec merger and fought at 155 because he wanted to be in the most profitable organization. He’s not a LW, but he’s fighting there...ok. Now imagine he agrees to fight another 155er on short notice at 170. That’s essentially what’s happened.
No, it is correct because it's been correct for 6 years and 10 fights. 10 fights which she still cuts weight for. She has fought at atomweight. She is fighting at strawweight. Imagine Jose Aldo did do what you said, then continued to fight there and stayed there. Then he'd be a lightweight. Maybe he could fight at featherweight, or maybe he's built himself up to the weight class already. Are we saying Conor is a featherweight because he fought at featherweight? How's his chances of coming back to featherweight looking? Or Rumble at welter?

People are the weight class they fight at. They especially are it if they continue to be it for a while.

No, it is correct because it's been correct for 6 years and 10 fights. 10 fights which she still cuts weight for. She has fought at atomweight. She is fighting at strawweight. Imagine Jose Aldo did do what you said, then continued to fight there and stayed there. Then he'd be a lightweight. Maybe he could fight at featherweight, or maybe he's built himself up to the weight class already. Are we saying Conor is a featherweight because he fought at featherweight? How's his chances of coming back to featherweight looking? Or Rumble at welter?

People are the weight class they fight at. They especially are it if they continue to be it for a while.
But she only fights there because the weight class isn’t available. She’s not moving up because she wants to, or it fits her frame, or she thinks she’ll have success. She’s going out of her way to fight at a weight that doesn’t suit her as well.

But she only fights there because the weight class isn’t available. She’s not moving up because she wants to, or it fits her frame, or she thinks she’ll have success. She’s going out of her way to fight at a weight that doesn’t suit her as well.
It's fitting her frame because she fights there. Unless you think she didn't change her walk-around at all, and just doesn't cut weight at all. Walks around 115, then goes into the cage at 115? No. UFC should have atomweight, there's plenty of talent. But whether or not she's a strawweight by choice doesn't matter, because she is a strawweight by exercise of being a strawweight.

It's fitting her frame because she fights there. Unless you think she didn't change her walk-around at all, and just doesn't cut weight at all. Walks around 115, then goes into the cage at 115? No. UFC should have atomweight, there's plenty of talent. But whether or not she's a strawweight by choice doesn't matter, because she is a strawweight by exercise of being a strawweight.
So if someone’s 4’2” and 265 that makes as much sense as someone who’s built like ngannou? You’re not making sense. Everyone has an optimal weight class. For Michelle, it’s atom weight. She’s now fighting 2 classes above that. Its the same reason Conor will never be a successful welter weight. Yes he fights there. No it’s not his optimal weight class

I thought I remember reading a quote from Michelle saying the cut to 105 was killing her, and there's zero chance she could ever make that weight again. She's clearly thicker now at 35 than she was in her 20's fighting at 105, I think it's fair to say that her weight class is 115 at this point.

Having said that, I agree that Marina Rodriguez definitely looks bigger than her, and it will likely be an advantage for her having this fight at 125.

So if someone’s 4’2” and 265 that makes as much sense as someone who’s built like ngannou? You’re not making sense. Everyone has an optimal weight class. For Michelle, it’s atom weight. She’s now fighting 2 classes above that. Its the same reason Conor will never be a successful welter weight. Yes he fights there. No it’s not his optimal weight class
People have an "optimal weight class" the same way they have a prime, it's in-perception only. People can operate skillfully at the weight class they fill out. Michelle fills out at strawweight. She isn't an atomweight now just cuz she fought there before. Your logic lends credence to the whole "Conor moved up to fight an opponent 2 divisions above" except he fought 2 divisions above against an opponent 1 division above, and he was already moving to lightweight anyway, so he really only fought 1 division above the goal. If he stays at welterweight and cant get back down to lightweight, then he would be a welterweight. It's really not complicated

I thought I remember reading a quote from Michelle saying the cut to 105 was killing her, and there's zero chance she could ever make that weight again. She's clearly thicker now at 35 than she was in her 20's fighting at 105, I think it's fair to say that her weight class is 115 at this point.

Having said that, I agree that Marina Rodriguez definitely looks bigger than her, and it will likely be an advantage for her having this fight at 125.
She said "115 is a good spot for me... Especially with all these new rules they're having with the weight cuts and not being able to replenish... It's a lot to change, and for a female fighter, it's even more to change cuz our bodies are different."
And when being asked about new divisions and if she anticipated ever going back to 105, she said, "No. No! The last time I made 105, right after weigh-ins, the doctors have to check your pulse and he couldn't find my pulse for a whole hour. Like, that's how dangerous, like, it was dangerous for me. I'm getting older, it is what it is. I enjoy fighting at 115."
-Not an atomweight anymore.

She only fought a few times (four, I think) at AW. Her fifth fight was at strawweight. And according to her chief stalker she "nearly died" on one of her weight cuts to 105.

Michelle said on JRE it would take a ton of money for her to return to 105 if UFC opened the division.

The booty will be bigger so I guess no complaints here.

Back