What was the bankroll you started out with?

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm quite new to betting, I just started out 2 months ago with a 300 euro bankroll.
I use 5 euro units, and generally bet about 8 to 10 units per event.
Have bet 500 euros so far, with a 7% Roi, so I'm up 35 euros...
I feel like this is way too low and that I will never be able to make good money from betting...
What was your bankroll when you started? What is it now?
Thanks sherbros

havent betted in a while cause ive come to the realization that "game" is not for me, some people are lucky, im the opposite when it comes to bets or even worse at poker.

Amongst several, i still remember 1 particular time, about 10 years ago, i started with about 10-20 euros max and crawl my way up to around 180 ish in about 3-5 days… i was watching Federer playing vs some guy (i dont even remember his name but he was a decent player, but lets call him Johnny Fahkup) 1st set, Federer was losing 3-5, 0-30, Johnny Fahkup was serving and Federer was playing like shit, he was constantly missing.
So the bet was "who wins 1st set" : Federer odds were about 2,10 max and the other guy was about 1,85.
So its 5-3, 30-0 for Johnny, with serve, 2 points away from winning the 1st set vs a Federer who wasnt even on the court. Stats from the previous 20 points were about 5/20 for Federer, 15/20 for Johnny.
So i naturally bet my entire bankroll on Johnny, even tho Federer is my all time fav tennis player.
I could feel it right in the feels ! <VinceCa$h>
Federer went on to win the 1st set by 7-5.
238266.png

That's a great amount to start with. IMO it takes 1-2 years to really get a proper feel for it. You'll likely learn some hard lessons along the way and it's much easier to stomach with small units. It's tough to put the needed amount of research in when betting so small though.

I started with a $50 deposit many years ago, a few big nights while compounding your units will see it grow pretty fast. Just don't try to force growth, stay within 5u per fight, and learn from losses.

Can't really say I had an initial bankroll perse, but my first bet was like $50 on Fabricio Werdum to beat Cain Velasquez. Probably started with a $200 bankroll when I really started getting into it, and now play about $1,000 a unit. So you can grow pretty fast over the course of a few years.

Can't really say I had an initial bankroll perse, but my first bet was like $50 on Fabricio Werdum to beat Cain Velasquez. Probably started with a $200 bankroll when I really started getting into it, and now play about $1,000 a unit. So you can grow pretty fast over the course of a few years.

And u never had to redeposit so you never lost ur initial bank roll?

And u never had to redeposit so you never lost ur initial bank roll?
Hmm. Probably went down about -$6k at the bottom of my original random punting. Bankroll was on the way back up again when I decided to take it seriously.

That's a great amount to start with. IMO it takes 1-2 years to really get a proper feel for it. You'll likely learn some hard lessons along the way and it's much easier to stomach with small units. It's tough to put the needed amount of research in when betting so small though.

I started with a $50 deposit many years ago, a few big nights while compounding your units will see it grow pretty fast. Just don't try to force growth, stay within 5u per fight, and learn from losses.

Brah that's amazing... I thought that, in order to have the kind of profit that you have, you would have to start with a 4 digit bankroll at least.
When did you start exactly? Was 2016 your first betting year or your first profitable year?

Last edited:
Brah that's amazing... I thought that, in order to have the kind of profit that you have, you would have to start with a 4 digit bankroll at least.
When did you start exactly?

I started mid 2015. In 2018 I hit a $4 lotto parlay that boosted my BR by around 20k, that really helped expedite my goal of a 100k bankroll.

Just keep upping the units as your BR grows, if it's not growing, you probably don't want bigger units yet.

Back