What Was That Move?

CelticDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to go on, but I'm going to try and ask this question anyway in case anyone knows what I'm talking about.

I saw a show on greatest knockouts in UFC (I don't remember the exact name of the show) about a month ago. One of the knockouts featured a black guy with BJJ skills vs. a white guy who appeared to be a striker (and I think he was supposed to be a VERY dangerous striker). Anyway, the match starts out and the white guy charges the black guy and starts taking some wild swings.

He doesn't get far. The black guy does some sort of maneuver where he somehow trapped the guy's right arm and brought the white guy to the ground. Then, he used his legs to trap the white guy's other arm. So, now they're in sort of a T-shape on the mat with the white guy's arms trapped by both the black guy's arms and legs.

Now, the black guy, while still keeping the arm trapped, lets go with one of his own arms and starts pummelling the white dude with elbow strikes. The white guy, unable to defend himself, was knocked out in a matter of seconds.

Now, does anyone know the match I'm talking about? Who were the fighters? What sort of technique did the black guy use to trap the other guy's arms like that?

I tried to describe the incident to my ju-jitsu instructor, and he thought it might have been a flying triangle choke that failed and then the black guy went for trapping the arms. I don't know, though. It looked like the black guy had this one all planned out. That had to be the most amazing knockout I've ever seen, and it bugs me that I can't figure out what he did.

Yah, that is Big Daddy Gary Goodridge in the crucifix.

herrera tried a fireman's carry and goodridge went right into the crucifix

goodridge isnt a bjj guy though

I believe he was actually representing Tang Soo Do, having been an arm wrestler that kicked the shit out of a TSD BB to get his so he could compete in UFC.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, I was just going from memory, so I got the part about Goodridge and BJJ wrong. Thanks for the help. That's an awesome move. I found a place on the Net that shows how it's done. I'll have to ask my instructor if he can teach it to me.

Superbeast said:
I believe he was actually representing Tang Soo Do, having been an arm wrestler that kicked the shit out of a TSD BB to get his so he could compete in UFC.

I thought he got paid to where that gi?

Back