What to work on at home

bowlie

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel like I should practice more at home, but im not sure what. apart from standard strength and conditioning, what else do you guys do out of the gym? Stretching, shadowboxing, bag work e.c.t. You see people in martial arts films balancing on a rock at sunrise, and suddenly become amazing. Sadly it doesnt work like that in real lift, but there must be something I can work on at home.

I feel like I should practice more at home, but im not sure what. apart from standard strength and conditioning, what else do you guys do out of the gym? Stretching, shadowboxing, bag work e.c.t. You see people in martial arts films balancing on a rock at sunrise, and suddenly become amazing. Sadly it doesnt work like that in real lift, but there must be something I can work on at home.

Skipping,shadow boxing,not much to be done in a home environment

I do a lot of stuffs at home, double end bagworks, shadowboxing, and various strength and conditioning drills involving DIY medicine ball and handweights.

Wash cars. Wax on, wax off.

You could do that tile exercise Sinister is always bringing up and running. There's really a million different things you could do, just have to be open and sometimes creative.

stretching is always a good one, it's easy and relaxing and you dont need any equipment. I try to have a bit of a stretch in the morning and at night, helps with my back pain.

otherwise bodyweight exercises, shadow boxing, go for a jog, etc.

Ross Enamait has a book called never gymless based around training with limited resources, check it out.

stretching is always a good one, it's easy and relaxing and you dont need any equipment. I try to have a bit of a stretch in the morning and at night, helps with my back pain.

otherwise bodyweight exercises, shadow boxing, go for a jog, etc.

Ross Enamait has a book called never gymless based around training with limited resources, check it out.

yeah thats a good one. I decided to do some stretching last night and work towards being flexible enough to do a full pistol as I had nothing better to do

yeah thats a good one. I decided to do some stretching last night and work towards being flexible enough to do a full pistol as I had nothing better to do

shadowboxing, watching fights, physical preparation [strength (maximal, power, endurance), speed, agility, flexibility, energy systems (long spints, short sprints, jogging)]

Literally, at home as in, in your room? Other than stretching, breathing exercises/meditation and maybe some body work exercises, I can't think of much. There are also mental training tools and methods such as watching and analyzing fights, keeping a training journal, etc. Also, eat healthier?

Dieting and basically everything you can do at a gym or that involved other people that you can get away with doing by yourself you should be doing at home, especially if your at a time when your not training currently but you still wanna train and be in top shape and not get lazy. Basically just think about all the things you've ever worked on at the gym and work on them at home. It could also actually give you a stronger perspective on why you do certain things a certain way and what they mean. Sometimes you need some alone time to get in that mental state.

Back