What to do in OKC, will be there for Strikeforce

Eric O

Me > You
@Silver
Reaction score
I'll be in OKC for the Strikeforce event this weekend as I work for CompuStrike. If any locals have suggestions for good resteraunts or things to do in the area I'd be much obliged.

If you're up for something that's not exactly a party, but I've heard real good things about...the memorial & museum they built for the McVeigh bombing. I've just heard it's really interesting and worth the stop if you've got time and are interested in that.

Take in an OKC Thunder game or go tornado chasing.

Other than that probobly nothing.

If you're up for something that's not exactly a party, but I've heard real good things about...the memorial & museum they built for the McVeigh bombing. I've just heard it's really interesting and worth the stop if you've got time and are interested in that.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for Saturday during the day.

You can always go noodling :icon_lol:

noodling1.jpeg

But in all seriousness, I just moved to a town half an out out from OKC. I haven't spent to much time in the city but you should check out the part everybody calls Bricktown. It's their downtown area with bars and cool things to see. Sorry I don't have any specifics. I haven't taken a weekend to get to know the city better.

I second the Bricktown suggestion. Plenty of decent resturants and bars within walking distance from each other. And, close to the arena. If you like Mexican food, give Chelino's a try...they have several locations, one being in Bricktown.

Eat some barbecue

Go to church

Sounds good. Bricktown and Chelino's it is. Thanks for the reccomendations.

Take in an OKC Thunder game or go tornado chasing.

Other than that probobly nothing.

As a huge Thunder fan I second this. Even if you're not into basketball TS you'll be watching an exciting team who are literally a shoe-in as this years Champions. Oh, not to mention that Durant is a future HoFer.

Seriously, you won't be disappointed!

Well, thunder is out because I won't getr there till 10:30 local time Friday and I'll obviously be at the fights Sat night.

Any other locals? I heard that steak is good in OKC as well. Any notable steak places?

As a huge Thunder fan I second this. Even if you're not into basketball TS you'll be watching an exciting team who are literally a shoe-in as this years Champions. Oh, not to mention that Durant is a future HoFer.

LOL

post-300-121025.jpg

I definitely don't agree with the shoe-in part. But, OKC has the best game day atmosphere, and I'm sure their games are very fun.

Expect Clippers to fall in 7 in the WCF. I'm confident enough to sig bet on that one if you're keen?

Oh yeah, I'm down for a sig bet! Bring it on.

I think Durant should take more shots and Westrook should be more of a facilitator. Too many chefs in the kitchen for OKC.

Chelinos is an excellent call. Good grub there. Bricktown is a good call as well. It was kind of an idea borrowed from San Antonio's River Walk. Lots of stuff to see there, lots of good food and fun bars and clubs there.

If you can get to the stockyards, you can eat a killer steak at Cattlemen's Restaurant. It is an old school steakhouse. Cattlemen's has been featured on Man vs Food.

My wife's family still lives there, and I lived there for about 7 years in the 1990s.

I went there once. They had good cheese fries. Tulsa was better-hot chicks for sure.

Back