What to bring to 1 month Thai gym training?

LilFinger

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to Thailand to train muay thai for awhile and get away from my life. This was just decided and I've already got the plane tickets to bangkok for next week, but not found a gym to train at or anywhere to live.

What kind of things should I bring for the month? Do you usually live at the gym? Is it safe to bring a laptop? Anything specific like medicines that I should buy before leaving?

Don't bring a laptop, what's the point? Bangkok is filled to the brim with net cafes... you looking to train IN bangkok or around?

Book your training now online, bring heaps of spare cloths if you are going to be training a few times a day.

Cash to buy all of your training gear their. It's super cheap compared to stateside. As for the gym, read up on them before you go. Find reviews from foreign students from your country before you pick one.

I'd recommend Kaewsamrit gym in Bangkok or go to Southern Phuket if you want to mix training and vacationing together.

Thanks for the replies. I want to stay in Bangkok so I guess ill go to Kawesamrit gym you recommended. Sent them an email.

Why do I need condoms for muay thai training? :p

What to take to 1 month Thai gym training?

If you have training gear, leave it at home and repurchase in Thailand. If you don't, you'll come back cursing "why didn't I buy these damn $90 gloves for $30 when I had the chance!"

How much it cost everything? Plane tickets, food, training, room, etc.
The people there treat well the foreign?

The place I'm going to costs 1,000 baht per night. Which seems reasonable.

Back