What the hell is wrong with Chiesa ?

Chiesa would get tapped out, and then whine and complain so much afterwards. No thanks. Chiesa is very similar to Dillashaw, he has never ever lost, never his fault.

If Kevin Lee can get Chiesa's back Maia can snake his way unto his actual spine bone....

You think theres shame in losing to one of the best grapplers in ufc history?
I didn’t say anything close to resembling this. No, I don’t think there’s shame in it. I think it’s incredibly poor career management to do so voluntarily.

Maia wants to retire. Chiesa just got to that division. He doesn’t want to restart over

Maia's already fought everyone though. Now it's just a few fun fights before he calls it a day
Can't blame Maia for wanting to cherrypick an easy stylistic matchup after just running a gauntlet of 3 stylistic nightmares, but that's exactly what it is, and you also can't fault Chiesa for realising that.

I actually really like Chiesa and think he will do well in WW. He himself is a great submission artist, but as we all know Maia is far superior.

I don’t really see the issue.

Plus Maia deserves someone ranked at least in the top 10 in his last two fights. He’s a warrior and has proven his worth over all the years in the UFC.

Maia called him out for a FIGHT ... then during an interview Chiesa quickly brushed him off talking about how he had another opponent in mind (likely magny).

Maia is 41 years old and number 8 in the rankings, a lot of people would beg for opportunities like that. If you're not here to be the best and go for the belt, you better just pack your bags and go home.
He said it was a schedule thing.

His mom told him not to take the fight.
His mom?!?!?!

DescriptiveBrokenHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

Chiesa got choked out by Kevin Lee.

Maia would work him on the ground.

Maia is boring AF and no one tunes in to watch him except a few of you sheep who can't see over the next ass. He rather an opponent who will actually try to fight, maybe make them both some money and fans.

Bunch of losers in here responding wtf... This is the fight game... it's not the mindset of a champion to think about ways his opponent could style on him. Come up with a good gameplan and shoot your best shot
That's a very 1990's mindset. In 2019, fighting is a business, and your record is your brand. A loss gets you kicked down the ladder, weakens your negotiating power, and even if you become GOAT afterwards, people will always say "he lost to so-and-so"

Maia called him out for a FIGHT ... then during an interview Chiesa quickly brushed him off talking about how he had another opponent in mind (likely magny).

Maia is 41 years old and number 8 in the rankings, a lot of people would beg for opportunities like that. If you're not here to be the best and go for the belt, you better just pack your bags and go home.
Maia would twist him into a pretzel, Chiesa knows this.

Chiesa at 170 has to be real selective in his matches to have any success, and he needs to avoid Maia like the plague.

Magney is a very winnable fight for Chiesa so he’s sticking to that one.

Maia beats him with ease. I say make it happen.

Magny is ranked only 3 slots lower than Maia, but he is a much better stylistic matchup for Chiesa. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

No one wants to fight Maia because he's boring AF, not even talking about his fight style.

Bad matchup for him. Chiesa vs magny would be competitive, I think magny would beat him tho.

Lee put him into "fish out of water having a seizure" mode, Maia puts him to sleep and he knows it.

Maia, coming off a win, cherry picking an irrelevant unranked opponent. WTF. LOL. Retire already.

Back