what the hell is with carbs?

nhbjpj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have heard so much crap from so many people I dont even know anymore.Whats the real deal with carbs ?I have been eating bread,rice,pasta,......ect. for two months and working out alot but have only lost five pounds .what do I need to add and what do I need to cut out of my diet? I have heard so much crap like eat this dont eat that someone please set this srtait

depends what your trying to do..

gain muscle = protein
lose weight = cut carbsssss more greens

my fav is grilled chicken and a side of spinach leaves 8)~

eat less to lose weight. Personally I don't see any need to add refined carbs (wheats or refined sugars) to any diet, but there are those who disagree. Carbs aren't evil, atkins worshippers and ignorant people who cook and consume a low carb meal full of fat and protein and chase it with an ice cream sandwich are evil.

Urban said:
eat less to lose weight. Personally I don't see any need to add refined carbs (wheats or refined sugars) to any diet, but there are those who disagree. Carbs aren't evil, atkins worshippers and ignorant people who cook and consume a low carb meal full of fat and protein and chase it with an ice cream sandwich are evil.

Wouldn't the ice cream sandwhich be full of carbs?

Carbs aren't evil, atkins worshippers and ignorant people who cook and consume a low carb meal full of fat and protein and chase it with an ice cream sandwich are evil.

Urban the problem is people can't distinguish between complex and simple carbs. Simple don't do much of anything beneficial to your body. Even when you eat fruit (which could be considered simple carbs), the antioxidant properties of them are far more beneficial than the sugars they contain. Unless of course you eat them either just before or after the workout. Muscle glycogen can benefit from them when timed right.

Fatkins people were actually onto something with carb-restriction, but they went way overboard with it and added a high fat-intake, which is just plain nonsense. But carb-cutting/restriction is how all Pro Bodybuilders get as cut up as they are for shows. With pretty much no fat or hydration on their bodies. Those are extreme cases, but proof positive that it works.

For weight loss, carb-cycling is more ideal though.

When they compete, are BBers at their weakest level?

Since they have limited their water intake and at the same time done hideous amounts of low intensity cardio with low levels of carbs (and calories) to fuel it.

Yes. The weeks leading up to competition they're weak as kittens. It sucks for them because it's an oxymoron, the most muscular they look, the weaker they are leading up to a show. Kind of ironical ain't it?

thats what I always thought, which is why I was hesitant to even ask.

But hey, they're BBers not power athletes after all

That doesn't mean they aren't strong. Just the difference is the night of their performace they can't have any moisture on their bodies. Most of them lift heavy enough, and some of them train much like Powerlifters (like Coleman), just the pinnacle of their performance is for appearance, to chisel the best physique.

But you do have guys like Mariusz now who are starting to blur the line in strength athletics. Mariusz and I'm willing to bet money Marunde shows up to the WSM next year in even better shape physique-wice because I think he mainly lost due to gassing.

Vulture0.o said:
lose weight = cut carbsssss more greens
So, in short, to lose weight, I should cut carbs, then add more carbs.

I'm feeling spiffy!

Back