What should Reyes do in the rematch?

SpartanKhmy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I had it 3-2 Reyes.....but told my friends that don't be surprised if Jones gets the nod for them takedowns and finishing stronger in the 5th round. With that said, can Reyes ever get a decision over Jones or will it have to be a clear KO/TKO?

I think in the rematch he needs to do the following:

* Coast through rounds 1 and 2 and save up for the championship rounds

* Clinch and attempt takedowns (even if it doesn't work, judges will see aggression and control attempt)

* Leg kicks, leg kicks, fuckin' leg kicks

* fuck it, go brawl out and rock em sock em exchange

I'm taking Reyes in the rematch...

He'd have to KO Jones or put on an Usman vs Woodley type of performance. Both are very hard tasks against Jones.

More of this

giphy.gif

I dont think Reyes wins the rematch. Go back to Jons two rematches in the UFC. Finished DC in the 3rd, and had his way with Gus before finishing him. Hate the guy all you want, he learns from his mistakes.

If Reyes tries to coast through the first two rounds Jon will start putting it on him. "Clinch and attempt takedowns" you really think trying to Clinch with Jon is the smart thing to do? Brawl in a rock'em sock'em exchange? He already tried that and gassed 2.5 rounds in.

People seem to think Santos and Reyes are going to get rematches and wreck Jon - I see him running through both in a rematch.

Reyes will have to climb the ladder again for a rematch. No challenger loser should ever get an immediate rematch. Anderson vs Blachowicz 2 is this week for a reason. Winner gets Bones.

Reyes vs Smith or Santos

I dont think Reyes wins the rematch. Go back to Jons two rematches in the UFC. Finished DC in the 3rd, and had his way with Gus before finishing him. Hate the guy all you want, he learns from his mistakes.

If Reyes tries to coast through the first two rounds Jon will start putting it on him. "Clinch and attempt takedowns" you really think trying to Clinch with Jon is the smart thing to do? Brawl in a rock'em sock'em exchange? He already tried that and gassed 2.5 rounds in.

People seem to think Santos and Reyes are going to get rematches and wreck Jon - I see him running through both in a rematch.
Gus beat Gus. That was a terrible performance.

Bring more pressure with all that movement moving without pressure resembles running....

He needs to pace himself.
Other than that i think he did fine.

He had Jones badly hurt by the beginning of the fourth round by the way.

Expend less energy. Take Jones back and drag him down whenever Jon turns away from him.

I think Jones had more of a learning experience in that fight. He seen him and will know where to adjust. Kinda the opposite of the first fight Reyes had the advantage of watching jones and making a gameplan now he won't have that

Same thing, but more successful.

He needs to pace himself.
Other than that i think he did fine.

He had Jones badly hurt by the beginning of the fourth round by the way.
How is he going to "pace himself" when he wasn't on the attack? It was Jones with the constant pressure. If Reyes slows down and "paces" himself, Jones breaks him down in earlier rounds.

The exact same thing as last time, but in a different location with different judges.

Fight all 5 rounds like he did in the first

I think Jones had more of a learning experience in that fight. He seen him and will know where to adjust. Kinda the opposite of the first fight Reyes had the advantage of watching jones and making a gameplan now he won't have that

<mma4> Fair point made...

Back