What Ronda needs to do to win

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Ronda wants to win this fight she needs to be her aggressive self. She needs to run right up to Amanda Nunes and grab her tight, chest to chest and eye to eye. She needs to drag Amanda to the ground and get on top of her and grind her. She needs to work on top of Amanda long and hard for every round. Her ground game has to be perfect. She needs to grab Amanda by the hips and control her movement. If she can she must take Amanda's back and wrap her legs around her really tight, really hard until she feels Amanda breathing heavy. If Amanda tries to turn to get Ronda off her back, Ronda must squeeze her legs around Amanda even tighter while grabbing Amanda's chest tightly to keep her in place. Finally she should transition to a triangle choke. Ronda must have Amanda's head deep between her legs to finish the triangle. Ronda's coming back guys, I know she can win!!!!

Needs to be at peace with her round shape.

giphy.gif

She needs for Amanda Nunes to not show up.

If Ronda wants to win this fight she needs to be her aggressive self. She needs to run right up to Amanda Nunes and grab her tight, chest to chest and eye to eye. She needs to drag Amanda to the ground and get on top of her and grind her. She needs to work on top of Amanda long and hard for every round. Her ground game has to be perfect. She needs to grab Amanda by the hips and control her movement. If she can she must take Amanda's back and wrap her legs around her really tight, really hard until she feels Amanda breathing heavy. If Amanda tries to turn to get Ronda off her back, Ronda must squeeze her legs around Amanda even tighter while grabbing Amanda's chest tightly to keep her in place. Finally she should transition to a triangle choke. Ronda must have Amanda's head deep between her legs to finish the triangle. Ronda's coming back guys, I know she can win!!!!

Please stop making threads

If Rousey wants to win she need to take the fight to the ground?

big-news.jpg

She should just challenge big rigg to a boxing only fight.

Insight that only a lawyer who enjoys triangle choke sex could provide.

Decent analysis. Nunes might just go along with it. Macalpinerules via masturbation Rd 1

needs to throw her opponent to the ground and rekt that arm

Nunes is a very aggressive opponent, if i were involved in training ronda i would specifically focus on closing the distant and landing the takedown.

Nunes may over commit and get caught and thrown or could get countered (honda does have power for a female fighter)

I think ronda subs nunes, but i want nunes to ko her into bolivia

Just follow up script

Ronda needs to keep on striking until she gets it right and lives up to her Ring magazine appearance. Everybody knows she is great at Judo and taking arms. Ronda doesn't need this boxing endeavor to be a failure.

She needs to overcome this weakness and prove her haters wrong by going out there and throwing bombs. We stand with you Ronda and I expect you to stand with Nunes!

Amanda Nunes:

She's very aggressive at the beginning of each fight. She throws everything with maximum effort trying to finish the fight fast. She has power but lacks technique. She has good lower leg kicks and has good placement of her punches. She tends to throw arm punches and not turn her hips. Her foot placement is not always correct. She has average foot movement but seldom moves backwards. She tends to move sideways and forward but mostly forward. Unlike Holly, Nunes does not excel as a counter puncher.

Nunes's wrestling, grappling and overall ground game is highly suspect. She uses strength over technique when getting opponents down and controlling them. Her GnP is effective but she often sits up, giving up leverage, when she rains down strikes. She doesn't have good ground defense.

Ronda Rousey:

She uses the jab to close distance. She feels most comfortable in the clinch where she can utilize her judo throws. Her footwork is average to below and her head movement is below average. she tends to move in a straight line forward throwing out the jab. She has good power because she has decent technique when throwing strikes. She seldom throws kicks. Her technique, like most of the female fighters without a traditional boxing background, falls apart during exchanges. Her striking is used mainly to close distance. Ronda's judo is elite, her ground game is elite, her submissions and transitions to arm bar are elite.

Summary:

Nunes is a hard puncher that resembles the classic brawler. She's big and strong and throws everything with bad intentions. She's very aggressive in the early rounds and doesn't waste time with pitter patter strikes but if she can't finish an opponent, this style often leads to her gassing out after a couple of rounds. She's a fast finisher because she overwhelms opponents. She can be compared to a non roided out, smaller version of Cyborg. Nunes's best shot at winning is by landing one of her bombs and finishing it up with a flurry of punches before Ronda can recover.

Ronda is also an aggressive fighter but she doesn't look to win fights with her strikes. Ronda hits hard but that's not her focus. She wants to close distance using her jab to get into the clinch. Ronda's best shot at winning is in the clinch, which will be easier because of Nunes's habit of moving forward. Everything opens up for Ronda when her opponent is forced to become tentative, in order to defend the take down. Also the flaws in Ronda's striking defense is less noticeable when she's in the clinch. Ronda has the overwhelming advantage if it hits the ground and that's where I think she tries to take it.

Last edited:
Back