• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What no one is talking about with C.B. Dollaway

So what does the recent fight against Lombard have to do with all of this?
It is the 3rd fight in a row where he is displaying concussed behavior.

1. Marquardt KO
2. Post Herman
3. Oscar worthy performance (or not) Lombard

It is the 3rd fight in a row where he is displaying concussed behavior.

1. Marquardt KO
2. Post Herman
3. Oscar worthy performance (or not) Lombard
Acting like you got hurt counts as brain damage, got it

I remember at the end of Dollaway's fight with Herman he seemed really out of it, like he was concussed pretty badly. He didn't even seem happy he won, it was a fairly boring and grinding fight but he did take some hard punches and had that 1000 yard stare even after the scores were read.

Rewind another fight back and he gets KTFO by an extremely washed up Marquardt.

He has other T(KO) losses previously in his career (Machida/Munoz/Hamman).

Now he gets blasted by Lombard and is unable (some of you may say unwilling) to answer the bell for the next round.

I was never a fan of old fart face but I'm always bummed to see long time UFC fighters hang them up. I'm getting the vibe that Dollaway is just about done.

Anyone else feeling like Dollaway is possibly developing CTE?
Good points.

I dont recall much of other CB fights but watching the aftermath of yesterday, i recall thinking something is not right with CB's mental state - something along those lines. Now that u bring up this analysis, i think u might be right

Acting like you got hurt counts as brain damage, got it
So you didn't see the Herman fight, got it.

So getting punched in the face and falling down isn't being hurt, got it.

You are getting stuck on the Lombard fight, how about the 2 fights prior, no comment?

Why are you so quick to throw CB under the bus when Lombard is the one who threw after the bell?

Feed Lombard to Adesanya for being a dirty douche.

Good points.

I dont recall much of other CB fights but watching the aftermath of yesterday, i recall thinking something is not right with CB's mental state - something along those lines. Now that u bring up this analysis, i think u might be right
I think most would agree he isn't the most memorable fighter. He has done more work on other's highlight reels than his own.

This thread is showcasing that so far with people not even able to remember 1 fight prior to last night. Everyone just keeps bringing up he was faking it, when it looks more likely there is a trend here.

I remember at the end of Dollaway's fight with Herman he seemed really out of it, like he was concussed pretty badly. He didn't even seem happy he won, it was a fairly boring and grinding fight but he did take some hard punches and had that 1000 yard stare even after the scores were read.

Rewind another fight back and he gets KTFO by an extremely washed up Marquardt.

He has other T(KO) losses previously in his career (Machida/Munoz/Hamman).

Now he gets blasted by Lombard and is unable (some of you may say unwilling) to answer the bell for the next round.

I was never a fan of old fart face but I'm always bummed to see long time UFC fighters hang them up. I'm getting the vibe that Dollaway is just about done.

Anyone else feeling like Dollaway is possibly developing CTE?
Why didn't u like him? He was a decent fighter.

Why didn't u like him? He was a decent fighter.
The whole fake tap thing with Sadollah and he always seemed kind of smug. Plus I saw some super douchey photoshoot pictures on here with him and Bader and some bitches.

I agree he was a decent fighter I just wasn't really a fan of his. I respect his fighting ability though.

So you didn't see the Herman fight, got it.

So getting punched in the face and falling down isn't being hurt, got it.

You are getting stuck on the Lombard fight, how about the 2 fights prior, no comment?

Why are you so quick to throw CB under the bus when Lombard is the one who threw after the bell?
I did watch it and he just looks tired at the end of the fight, if it was brain damage wouldnt it be showing against the Lombard fight? But he looked fine the first round until Lombard knocked him down right after the bell.
He seemed fully conscious, bit wobbly though, right after he got knocked down but a minute later he starts saying "what happened". If he didnt fake it and was actually hurt then I get where you're coming from but hard to argue he isnt trying to pull a Weidman here

Complete plebs.

I could understand Lombard saying it when he has a microphone stuck in his face minutes after it happened and full of adrenaline, but to say Dolloway was putting on some act is ridiculous.

I did watch it and he just looks tired at the end of the fight, if it was brain damage wouldnt it be showing against the Lombard fight? But he looked fine the first round until Lombard knocked him down right after the bell.
He seemed fully conscious, bit wobbly though, right after he got knocked down but a minute later he starts saying "what happened". If he didnt fake it and was actually hurt then I get where you're coming from but hard to argue he isnt trying to pull a Weidman here
How would it be showing when he didn't get hit clean at all prior to the late shot? That was the most significant action of the entire 1st round and it happened after the bell.

I'll play devils advocate here and say he was able to continue, seeing as he said "you said time" to the ref. But this is not a Weidman/Godbeer case where he milked a perceived illegal strike mid round, it happened after the bell and he caught it flush. Everyone heard the bell, Hector even pointed at him after he knocked him down.

He still got hit hard enough to fall down, I think we can agree he didn't fake getting blasted. Whether he gamed the system knowing he was in the right is on him but he was certainly hurt or he wouldn't have fell down.

How would it be showing when he didn't get hit clean at all prior to the late shot? That was the most significant action of the entire 1st round and it happened after the bell.

I'll play devils advocate here and say he was able to continue, seeing as he said "you said time" to the ref. But this is not a Weidman/Godbeer case where he milked a perceived illegal strike mid round, it happened after the bell and he caught it flush. Everyone heard the bell, Hector even pointed at him after he knocked him down.

He still got hit hard enough to fall down, I think we can agree he didn't fake getting blasted. Whether he gamed the system knowing he was in the right is on him but he was certainly hurt or he wouldn't have fell down.
so you have to be hit clean, fall down or get wobbly, to show you have brain damage? Bit confused here over what you perceive as a fighter having CTE

I think Lombard pointed at him because the ref yelled "Time" for the second time in a somewhat dramatic way, he did stop fighting and walked to his corner after that, so thinking he didnt hear the bell or the ref say "time" isnt that far out of reach. The pointing to Dollaway was probably meant as "he continued too", the low kick or whatever Dollaway threw right before the exchange.

Dollaway instantly stands up and complains about it to the ref saying "I thought you said time", walks with ref without much issue and starts saying "what happened"
eventually he gets carried out of the octagon and we see him leaving on a stretcher

Hard to decide on this matter,was a tough call to make for the ref
On paper it will be a win for Dollaway but will be remembered as him getting ko'd

so you have to be hit clean, fall down or get wobbly, to show you have brain damage? Bit confused here over what you perceive as a fighter having CTE

I think Lombard pointed at him because the ref yelled "Time" for the second time in a somewhat dramatic way, he did stop fighting and walked to his corner after that, so thinking he didnt hear the bell or the ref say "time" isnt that far out of reach. The pointing to Dollaway was probably meant as "he continued too", the low kick or whatever Dollaway threw right before the exchange.

Dollaway instantly stands up and complains about it to the ref saying "I thought you said time", walks with ref without much issue and starts saying "what happened"
eventually he gets carried out of the octagon and we see him leaving on a stretcher

Hard to decide on this matter,was a tough call to make for the ref
On paper it will be a win for Dollaway but will be remembered as him getting ko'd
Not being able to take the shots you could previously in your career is showing it. I'm just going by what he is showing in the cage. Slurring speech and memory loss are other indicators that show CTE but I don't live with Dollaway or watch his interviews. How would he even show it before he got hit? I'm more confused that you are arguing he isn't showing it because he is in there showing athletic ability? CTE is caused by repeated brain trauma.

CB-Dollaway-got-DROPPED-and-FINISHED-by-LRC-early-R2-vs-Nate-Marquardt-_zps9uc8drs6.gif

This is him 2 fights prior getting stiffened by whats left of Nate Marquardt.

Then there is him sitting on the ground, talking to the doctor/cage attendant before being helped up and the Herman fight decision is read.

And he STILL was knocked down vs Lombard.

I am talking about 3 fights in succession here. You are circling back to Lombard over and over.

Not being able to take the shots you could previously in your career is showing it. I'm just going by what he is showing in the cage. Slurring speech and memory loss are other indicators that show CTE but I don't live with Dollaway or watch his interviews. How would he even show it before he got hit? I'm more confused that you are arguing he isn't showing it because he is in there showing athletic ability? CTE is caused by repeated brain trauma.

CB-Dollaway-got-DROPPED-and-FINISHED-by-LRC-early-R2-vs-Nate-Marquardt-_zps9uc8drs6.gif

This is him 2 fights prior getting stiffened by whats left of Nate Marquardt.

Then there is him sitting on the ground, talking to the doctor/cage attendant before being helped up and the Herman fight decision is read.

And he STILL was knocked down vs Lombard.

I am talking about 3 fights in succession here. You are circling back to Lombard over and over.
how do you know he couldnt take those shots previously in his career, you can't really compare two shots especially not from different people
pretty sure brain damage would show all the time and not only after being hit, correct me if I'm wrong though

Because you made this thread after the Lombard fight and use that as signs of CTE while he was arguably faking it to get an easy win
He gets knocked down by Lombard right after the bell, stands up and walks without much issue with the ref while saying "I thought you said time"
Totally different from when he actually got KO'd so I have my doubts about it

it struck me as weird to make a thread about him possibly having brain damage after this fight

how do you know he couldnt take those shots previously in his career, you can't really compare two shots especially not from different people
pretty sure brain damage would show all the time and not only after being hit, correct me if I'm wrong though

Because you made this thread after the Lombard fight and use that as signs of CTE while he was arguably faking it to get an easy win
He gets knocked down by Lombard right after the bell, stands up and walks without much issue with the ref while saying "I thought you said time"
Totally different from when he actually got KO'd so I have my doubts about it

it struck me as weird to make a thread about him possibly having brain damage after this fight
Why do you think the UFC strong armed Chuck Liddell into retirement? On the premise that he could have taken the shots that put him out at the end of his career, at the beginning of it. An example is a shot like Franklin hit him with, coincidentally his last fight. Ergo he was showing signs of CTE in the cage. Obviously brain damage would show all the time, are you even reading what I'm writing? I literally just said in my last post that slurred speech and memory loss would be apparent but I don't follow CB around to have that info.

Ok he was arguably faking it to get the win, I disagree, and yet you STILL can't wrap your head around that if you include this fight its the 3rd fight in a ROW he is exhibiting concussed behavior. Thats why I made the thread.

Seriously analyze all 3 in succession and stop talking about the Lombard fight which you obviously had money on for 2 seconds and you'd realize that I am just pointing out a pattern here. Whether you disagree or agree is the spirit of posting on a forum but all you want to do is talk about him bitching out of the Lombard fight.

Lombard still hit him ater the bell clearly. That should be a DQ every single time regardless of how the person who got hit acts. Holm got wobbled by De Randamie the same way and nobody ever accused her of 'acting'. And this is someone who fought Cyborg for 5 rounds without getting that wobbled, mind you.

It's like people don't realize the punch you never see is the one that causes the most damage.

Back