What motivates ronda rousey?

RoyCisneros

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This Cyborg not making weight thing kills me. I realize they aren't in the same organization but you would think an olympic level athlete and face of mma would want to prove she is the most dominant fighter at her sport. Fighting Cyborg should be her biggest motivation and she just seems to blow it off.

This Cyborg not making weight thing kills me. I realize they aren't in the same organization but you would think an olympic level athlete and face of mma would want to prove she is the most dominant fighter at her sport. Fighting Cyborg should be her biggest motivation and she just seems to blow it off.

this is where your thinking went wrong, horribly wrong.

People for the most part want others to think they are the best, more so then they want to know themselves.

Ronda has that, and she would be putting it at a huge risk if she fought Cyborg. Same reason Conor is chasing Aldo and not the other way around.

To become as big celebrity/movie star/rich as possible. And she needs fighting for that, at least a couple more years still. Cyborg she doesnt need at all.

Not a mind-reader, so really couldn't say either way.

Fame and fortune, but mostly fortune I think. Being a dominant champion is really just a means to an end. Cyborg is irrelevant from Ronda's perspective.

I'd say equal parts ambition and malice. The latter is what TS fails to understand. Wrecking cyborg isn't enough as even a losing fight will be a massive windfall for Borg. Ronda wants to make her give up all that ill gotten advantage leaving her a regular woman (aka a shell of her roider self). She want everyone left saying "oh so that what she's like minus the Roid stregnth)

do you expect her to take the gina carano route?

she doesn't have the "it" factor of Gina...

Gina-Carano-undress-dance.gif

do you expect her to take the gina carano route?

Ronda is an athlete first and foremost. Ronda is already a bigger star than Gina. If Ronda was just using mma as a spring board to movies she would have already left. Love her or hate her Ronda understands her importance to women's mma and accepts that responsibility to the sport.

Gina just wanted to be famous. She used mma to gain that fame. Gina left at her first opportunity to do so. She did not care about how she left the sport, Ronda does.

Being a bitch is motivation enough. The counter point is asshole men. Koscheck was motivated just fine by being an asshole. That alone motivates him to fight, just pissing people off.

Back