Opinion What letter grade would you give Merkel’s time as leader

I’d give her an F as her policies will hurt Germany for decades to come

Culver City hs might help:

211852-297c166a-04c3-4c87-9f46-7c4003487f95.png

D-

Anything that doesn't differentiate between migrants, immigrants and refugees isn't a definitive piece. Nevermind that was written 14 years prior to the migrant crisis making it irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Edit: just saw it was last modified in 2019. Dammit, now I'll have to try to wade though it. Balls! My point stands as to migrant/immigrant/refugee.

From what I understand, migrants, immigrants and refugees are all beneficial to the economies they join, in economic terms. Obviously there are individual problems but they collectively add more than they cost. More are in work 2 years in than local UK population.

The migrant on benefits is a rarity, the suggestion it's contrary is a myth.

Ah yes, that's it. Silly me for not thinking we should continue to prop up the baby boomers any more than they already have had. Let's flood the 1st world with the 3rd world, make sure those pensions are milked as hard as possible. And when the younger people and the immigrants need their turn, let's triple the immigration.

Yes it's a terrible model. The whole concept of infinite growth is awful and we should be entirely changing the system so that we can experience our populations shrinking without the poor suffering. High taxes on wealth and income to pay for decent pensions for all. Essentially pensions are a type of UBI so maybe an exploration of that.

None of that is relevant to grading Merkel, because grades are split amongst the student population, none of the 'students' are opposed to the current model, they are all invested.

She was way better than most premiers.

That's neither here nor there.
The economic benefits obviously don't equal good handling of the refugee crisis on Merkel's part, which would include a plethora of aspects.
Among thousand other things, the treatment of the refugees as humans, not as mere means to an end for the economic benefit of future European generations, you know?

Then how do you want to rate Merkel's tenure as chancellor?
It's sort of difficult calculating a student's final grade if you're unaware of their transcripts, don't you think?
It doesn't really make sense to say "I give Hitler a B-. As to the things related to jews, wars, and race, I have no opinion".

I can't think of any possible political perspective from which one would attest Merkel the 2nd best grade possible other than maybe turbo-capitalistic, center-right neoliberal who doesn't care about a whole lot of things related to the well being of large parts of the population in Germany or Europe, and doesn't have a problem with immigration as long as it works out economically, but it doesn't sound like you want your assessment framed like this.

When thinking of policy one has to consider the economy cost or benefit. I'm sure the human factor also came into it, but leaders have a responsibility to all their people and the future people, it's not just about following ones bleeding heart but maximising good.

Re Greece I'm not educated enough to provide comment. I can only judge her on what I've seen. I am not a Merkel expert, I'm not Greek. I'm an asshole on the internet with an opinion. Deal with it?

economies can change. we must move away from this stupid "we must forever grow!" bullshit. that's the ideology of a cancer cell. i for one refuse to be just a consumer, even though you seem more than happy to be just that. so immigration is not necessary for a stable economy, ecologically-oriented, happy in their homeostatic, culturally meaningful state. it's only necessary for a society that has been taken over by corporate interest, who continually needs new slaves for the grind, irrespective of culture.

culture is more important than money. i hope one day you grow up and understand that.
Yes, those are my opinions to. There is what I want, and what is, I was framing my response on the basis of what is rather than my particular hopes and dreams.

Comparing her to actual leaders, rather than hypothetical leaders if you will.

I don't know, he might buy into it.

The thing is, if there's no differentiation between groups or timeline to determine which groups were talking about then those statistics are useless.

You're in the GTA, right? '56 immigrant Hungarians were an absolute asset to everywhere they moved. The first wave after the fall of the wall? The exact opposite. Why? Because the Hungarian government bought one way tickets for Hungarian Roma to Canada and they brought a crime wave to Toronto with them. So depending on how you want to use stats you can make an argument pro or con.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Fucking genius about roma

Those guys truly cant be stopped, true masterrace

apparently some eastern euro gypsies are taking over the fake credit card market in mexico.
imagine pushing the fucking cartels out of business.

apparently some eastern euro gypsies are taking over the fake credit card market in mexico.
imagine pushing the fucking cartels out of business.

I legit almost think they are the chosen ones

-they cross borders with no passports
-almost in any country
-never work

You can bet your ass they are unvaccinated and still cross borders while no one else can

First human on mars will probably be one of them

I legit almost think they are the chosen ones

-they cross borders with no passports
-almost in any country
-never work

You can bet your ass they are unvaccinated and still cross borders while no one else can

First human on mars will probably be one of them
what do you mean "will be"
they're probably already there

Pretty much nobody in here follows German politics closely enough to intelligently grade Merkel. @JDragon when he's around is one of the few.

So this thread is silly.

Pretty much nobody in here follows German politics closely enough to intelligently grade Merkel. @JDragon when he's around is one of the few.

So this thread is silly.
there's literally two germans in the first page talking about it.
and another three europeans if not more.
and euros actually DO follow german politics, cause they pretty much decide which way the wind blows in the EU.

A buddy sent me a pic of a sign on a store front in Toronto. "No Hungarians allowed"

I was all sorts of what the fuck until he clued me in. Then laughed my ass off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back