What Khabib matchup will Khabib x Dustin most resemble?

When I look at this fight I think back to Poirier's last outing against Holloway. I didn't expect Holloway to get whooped like he did, so let's give The Diamond a chance until we witness the mauling for ourselves, shall we?

they all will say that Dustin was never that good

Khabib vs. McGregor

Except Poirier doesn't win a single round and he might get TKO'd as opposed to SUB'd in round 3 or 4.

A more competitive version of khabib vs. Conor, probably no knock down.

The best wrestler he fought was Tibau, and he went like 0 for 20 on TDs and got ragdolled twice to the ground himself.
I see an actual wrestler with cardio like Gillespie giving him a lot of trouble.
Tony is his kryptonite. Khabib takes rounds off because he gasses, while Tony picks up the pace. He'd d'arce a bloody beaten down Khabib in late 4th/5th off a sloppy panic shot. That's why Dana is keeping him far away from a title fight.
Why wouldn’t Dana want Tony to fight him? I don’t think Khabib is much of a draw and that fight at least would do decent numbers because people legit believe that Tony could do it

On topic I’d say most like the Michael Johnson fight but Dustin will perform better than MJ did.

dustin is a mix of Michael johnson boxing and al iaquinta's grappling. Khabib couldn't takedown al for many rounds, al didn't have the boxing abilities to KO khabib, dustin will

depends on how good dustin will be able to defend on the ground because 1 thing for sure he is going to be defensive as were all khabibs opponents

Agreed.
Sometimes I wonder if there is an actual kryptonite for Khabib or if his grappling experience is just too extensive for someone to match in a few months and he's just better.

Justin Gaethje D1 wrestler who can't be held down with bricks for hands.

Tony's relentless pace, cardio and scrambling ability puts up a lot of problems.

GSP if he cuts down is better than Khabib everywhere it depends how much his age and the cut affects him.

I'm not saying all these guys beat him but they're definitely tougher challenges than anything Khabib's faced so far.

Took Kevin Lee down at will? Think you need to re-watch that one. What I remember most is Kevin digging his face into RDA's balls for 15 minutes. Took him down at will did you even watch that fight?
RDA landed 5 TDs in that fight..Lee lack of TDD was pretty plain to see.

yea because dustin has grappled for a few months. Going to be hard for khabib to grapple when hes getting boxed up
Going to be hard to box when khabib puts him on his ass a billion times. I don't even like khabib, I would much prefer Dustin to win, but half of you people are convincing yourselves of lies to prop up this Dustin as the savior narrative

Rda may be underrated but he doesn't have that lifetime wrestling room D1 wrasslen'. With Khabib's cardio and lack of striking, Gillespie would be a nightmare. I dont think rda ever fought Lee. Lee would actually be a very tough fight for Khabib too.
Khabib is untested vs elite wrestling.
RDA submitted Kevin Lee like two months ago

Rda may be underrated but he doesn't have that lifetime wrestling room D1 wrasslen'. With Khabib's cardio and lack of striking, Gillespie would be a nightmare. I dont think rda ever fought Lee. Lee would actually be a very tough fight for Khabib too.
Khabib is untested vs elite wrestling.
RDA did fight Lee, literally in May..
{<huh}

WeightyDenseEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

CloudyGlisteningGadwall-size_restricted.gif

You delusional if you regard Lee as a tough matchup for Khabib. The guy only has cardio for 1-2 rounds, until he completely gasses.

Last edited:
RDA landed 5 TDs in that fight..Lee lack of TDD was pretty plain to see.

Ummm.. were they all after he gassed and folded? RDA might have gotten one early rounds for two seconds than Lee collapses like a dying star in his fights. Are you defending "RDA took down Lee at will." I wish he did. Would of saved me a lot of anxiety.

Last edited:
I seriously think it'll look like Khabib VS Horcher

Khabib vs Michael Johnson. Dustin doesn't have the durability or cardio to win after getting dominated for a couple rounds, he even admitted to almost quitting in the Holloway fight. He's more of a front-runner and needs to finish or at least hurt Khabib early.

If Conor round 3 and Al's fight had a baby...it would be about what this fight will be IMO.

Back