What is your preferred method to learn new skills?

AWilder

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm currently interested in learning more about Python and applying it to some routine tasks we have at work. It's also a high-demand skill in corporate america today so i see the value of learning it even if i'm not applying it every day. I know there are a number of online training courses for learning it and I am looking for recommendations from people that have used the course, or book, to learn Python.

I think my corporate job gives me free access to Udemy, so i will probably use that first before spending any money, but i was interested in other people's experiences.

Youtube, but them people make stuff look easy and I'm afraid they might forget to mention some detail that has something to do with safety.

Python is pretty straight forward. Just download a book or something similar.

Take super good notes and think back on the kind of learning environments you thrived in and try to recreate that for yourself , obviously you have created the sherdog thread which is also my first move when learning something as the community here is always very supportive of intellectual growth

By saying I'm going to but never actually do it.

I'm currently interested in learning more about Python and applying it to some routine tasks we have at work. It's also a high-demand skill in corporate america today so i see the value of learning it even if i'm not applying it every day. I know there are a number of online training courses for learning it and I am looking for recommendations from people that have used the course, or book, to learn Python.

I think my corporate job gives me free access to Udemy, so i will probably use that first before spending any money, but i was interested in other people's experiences.

I learned Python using "python crash course" book...you can find the pdf for free online

I like video to learn like youtube.

I am learning mandarin now (for that sweet sweet chinese pussy) and using videos and mobile app. The mobile app is pretty fun

Online platforms with labs/youtube and meticulous note taking. I write out the code for an example, from beginning to end, many times.

Back