What is YOUR goto move: The MOUNT Edition

ReignDrop22

White Belt
Reaction score
So lets hear it. What is YOUR goto move when you have your opponent mounted.

In other words, which move do YOU find to deliver the most effective/highest success rate?

For me (and I've only been training for about 2 months now) I've recently had some success executing a neck crank which has the same mechanics as a rear naked choke only I'm facing him.

In other words, I wrap my right arm underneath the back of his neck, grab my left bicep as I press my left hand down on his forehead and crank his neck backwards. My opponents are usually concerned with their arms and shrimp escaping, it typically leaves this move available for me.

Which move do YOU grappler's prefer from the mount?

Thanks in advance for your input.

-RD

rape choke to armbar

or

"neck crank" (i'm nice though i just lift the head) to triangle

or, kneebar as of late

cock choke. No, seriously. I just threaten with chokes and triangles until they turn to give me their back.

What I usually do is try to stay on top before I get rolled, passed, and tapped. Then I drink some water, and do it all over again.

lately it's been lay and pray. hahaha. But I guess it would have to be an armbar. basic, easy, and i usually get it.

umm... it depends on their reactions I would say.... For example.. just a Clean full mount.. opponent flat on they're back.... I would go for a Mounted guillotine, or a Ezekial Choke.. if they turn to a side... I would transition for an Armbar...or look for a side mount. and a head and arm triangle...

- falked.

First I maintain position,maybee double grapvine,/smother
You can try Kata Juji Jime or Eiziekl (with Gi)
Or armbar or americana
I like going to North South position(lots of chokes)

So lets hear it. What is YOUR goto move when you have your opponent mounted.

In other words, which move do YOU find to deliver the most effective/highest success rate?

For me (and I've only been training for about 2 months now) I've recently had some success executing a neck crank which has the same mechanics as a rear naked choke only I'm facing him.

In other words, I wrap my right arm underneath the back of his neck, grab my left bicep as I press my left hand down on his forehead and crank his neck backwards. My opponents are usually concerned with their arms and shrimp escaping, it typically leaves this move available for me.

Which move do YOU grappler's prefer from the mount?

Thanks in advance for your input.

-RD

This move sounds about right for a beginner....squeeze and try to crank something with lil to no technique until he taps! I have news for you most guys are tapping out of annoyance not pain. It would be very easy to bridge and roll you over to guard then easily escape that submission.

I dont have a go to....but I seem to finish with arm bars most of the time. Without kicking the leg over the head just laying forward on my stomach with my shin across his face. Triangle has been working good but I normally end up getting rolled and finishing it from my back.

I do something which I guess is called an "S" mount maybe. I just bring my right foot up near his head and with my knee somewhat down by his waist. Using my left knee I snug it up under near his armpit to create space with his arm that I can fish my arm through. Once I've got that secured, I put my right hand down and out, twist over towards it with my weight to swing my left foot over his head, then just sit back and I'm in a nice easy arm bar position.

After doing this for 5 weeks, I have yet to successfully get it, but I have the technique mostly down, and I see openings for it. I'm still learning to put technique ahead of speed and be methodical so that when I do get it in, I minimize the space and the guy doesn't slip out.

This move sounds about right for a beginner....squeeze and try to crank something with lil to no technique until he taps! I have news for you most guys are tapping out of annoyance not pain. It would be very easy to bridge and roll you over to guard then easily escape that submission.

I dont have a go to....but I seem to finish with arm bars most of the time. Without kicking the leg over the head just laying forward on my stomach with my shin across his face. Triangle has been working good but I normally end up getting rolled and finishing it from my back.

So, why dont you? Because you are "le tired"? "Actually you know, I just really cant be bothered, I grow weary of this. I'm going to take the high-road out."

'Very easy to bridge and roll' yet decide to tap?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Is it a matter of playing in your own comfort zone?

You guys saying the ezikiel, what are your 1 or 2 favorite set ups for this choke? I like this choke a lot, but find I don't have any good set ups that work on anyone other than noobs. I usually just work for the S-Mount and an armbar...

almost forgot about s-mount. i love s-mount and it's usually my first choice from the mount

Back