What is your favorite Big Nog moment?

BreadnButter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So with Big Nog actually retiring this time, let's remember him by posting one Nog moment that stood out to you that made you a fan of his. Through out the years Big Nog has given us so many entertaining fights but taking insane amounts of punishment in the process. It's sad to see such a legend retire from the sport and giving his all to us. The man is a true warrior despite all the excuses he makes lol and he deserves respect for what he as done in the sport. I think a lot of new fans today who don't know who Big Nog is or what he accomplished in the sport, or have only seen him during his UFC years should go watch his older fights from start to finish to see how he became one of the best to ever do it at HW. So what is your favorite Big Nog moment?

For me I'd pick the fight with Bob Sapp. Even though that fight was kind of a freakshow, it still stood out to me. The moment that caught my eye was when Sapp piledrived Nogs head on the mat during Pride. I don't know how Nog survived that but at that point I was a fan. He showed a lot of heart in that fight and ended up winning in the end. War Nog

sapp_nog.gif

nogueira-sapp.jpg

[YT]Fee2r330f5k[/YT]

Last edited:
Nog/Barnett 1 is the greatest HW fight ever.
Doesn't even matter if he lost. It's so epic there is no loser.

When his brother tried to feed a bus a carrot while he tried petting it, according to Sonnen.

Beating Schaub.

I liked his win over Shaub in Brazil.

this

Roy-Nelson-vs.-Antonio-Rodrigo-Nogueira.gif

The guy is just too stubborn, he thinks he can fight but he clearly can't
ps: Sapp was a nobody

Definitely his arm bar over Cro Cop. Was looking mad hopeless for him.

Personally I liked the Sylvia finish, had the whole Pride vs UFC thing that was going on for years

Subbing Bob Sapp for sure. Newer fans won't understand how scary Bob Sapp was at the time. He wasn't the modern Sapp that was throwing fights. He was scary, winning big fights and looked like he was unstoppable. He was the Brock Lesnar of the PRIDE era.

Nog almost gets killed in the fight, survives and eventually gets the arm bar as the crowd goes nuts.

When he KO'd Schaub. I counted him out and was so happy to be wrong

I was going to say one of the Mir fights, but felt that it would have been in bad taste.
Mir 2 is a legitimately good fight (that just happens to go really poorly for Nog).

Answering with Mir 1 or Nelson is just being a dink.

this

Funny. Your post and then your sig. Lol.

this

Are you retarded? Either a noob or delusional (judging from the sig, I'd say a combination of both).

Anyway, my three favorite Nog moments are Sylvia, Couture, and Coleman... in that order.

Back