What is the name of this kick?

KakutouPunk

White Belt
Reaction score
[YT]tZEazb8h0U8[/YT]

Does it have an actual name?

I see people use it most often in TKD comps but I'm not sure there's an official name for it (even a Korean one..)

That's just a lead leg side kick followed by a spinning hook kick, before the lead leg hit the ground.

If there is a name for anything, it would be for starting kicks while the other kick is still out, like when round house kicks are doubled and tripled up.

Same thing here.

we called it a cut back kick , or cut spin hook kick

cut kick is a surfing motion(or side kick ) to the thigh and then you add the spin back or spin hook off the cut

I love the split after beeing KO'd. If you're going down, go down with a style!

That's just a lead leg side kick followed by a spinning hook kick, before the lead leg hit the ground.

If there is a name for anything, it would be for starting kicks while the other kick is still out, like when round house kicks are doubled and tripled up.

Same thing here.

Second kick looked more like a back kick to me.

"Cut kick" sounds familiar too now that I think about it..

I'll go with a cooler name and just call it the 'KTFO' kick lol.

^ I thought it was a back kick too. Leg looked very linear through out. Would need to see another angle ideally. Still nice kick.

looks like a jumping spinning back kick to me as its straight extension not coming onto the target from the side

very taekwondo

It's just a side kick followed by a jumping back kick. Used all the time in TKD tourneys.

Same thing here.

^^ This. Although I would call it a jumping lead leg side kick - spinning hook kick (or possibly back kick, but it looks more like a hook kick to me) combo.
Unusual in kickboxing, but nothing revolutionary technique wise. Nicely and surprisingly done, though.

Back