What is the general information on physical UFC Belts

The belts are not made with solid gold.

I'm still scratching my head you would dispute that the Championship Belt would not be gold, when simple google check would have saved you this...

tumblr_m85cavgOeW1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

OK, I'm backing my sh!t up what you got to dispute..? I forgot to increase the price just based on brand value alone you looking @a million dollar belt coupled with the man/woman who gets to sling it over his/her shoulder so GTFO about the UFC can't afford 12lbs of "GOLD" in each weight division.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmanews.ca%2Fhow-much-does-a-ufc-championship-belt-cost%2F&ei=5WcXVffuJ8-2yATf84FA&usg=AFQjCNHLOZoopzBb0FG7BBW-fIR4gZHrJw&sig2=Snjk15Hd4OhUrKgYzfOvIw&bvm=bv.89381419,d.aWw

That would have already been sold.
...like he said, gold in color, not material.
It's too bad that's not gold...
...and I brought a Sawzall with me.

Few quotes from the video referenced.

The Bellator belts are Millican made.
You can see the difference in quality

057Cd.jpg

Think i also prefer the newer look. Everyone has different tastes in things. Shame the quality lacks compared to the old belts though.

oh yeah, i think i realized the problem

actually i have thought this earlier, the problem i had was everything was yellow in the old belt, but this bellator one is really nice

details and all that, gold (yellow), but the bellator logo is in gray, so it fits perfectly

the ufc can definitely improve their belt quality but at the same time they are some cheap fucks

The price of gold is over 1000 dollars an ounce. If they are in fact made of solid gold then the belt is worth over $200000. That's is an insane amount of money. I would think fighyers falling on hard time would be pawning them left and right.

Was just browsing through wiki UFC pages and came upon a close up of Silva's MW belt and wondered if it was actual gold and diamonds on the belt.. Must be considering the value of being champ?? Does anybody have any general info or facts on the physical belts themselves? info would be appreciated! Here's the pic:

UFC_Title_Belt.jpg

edit:

thank you dimspace for the link :

http://belttalk.com/blog/?p=43

has some general info worth checking out, still incomplete knowledge however.

TS title and post gave me Aspergers.

What's more important is that these belts don't go with any pants or shoes.

The price of gold is over 1000 dollars an ounce. If they are in fact made of solid gold then the belt is worth over $200000. That's is an insane amount of money. I would think fighyers falling on hard time would be pawning them left and right.

I doubt that the fighters are "given" the belts for this very reason. It is more likely, as a contractual matter, the fighters are given a lease on the belt terminable upon them losing (or at UFC's discretion).

The UFC has an interest in preventing its deadbeat fighters from walking down Las Vegas Blvd to that pawn store to get some cash.

"Mr. Juicehead, here is your solid gold belt. Despite being in the middle of the pawn, coke, and hooker capital of North America, please bring this back."

The Bellator belts are Millican made.
You can see the difference in quality

057Cd.jpg
Even if you put the quality and craftmanship issues aside, the Bellator belt looks much much better.
The UFC logo/font just doesn't work well with belt design imo.

I have no Idea how it works but I would think they have a single gold belt for each division used for all major events and press conferences. The Champion gets to take home an authentic replica of the belt, worth thousands but nothing near what the original would be worth.

Edit: Haven't there been official belts sold before. I can't remember any extreme amount of money being given for them. How much did Mark Coleman get for his grand pride trophy ( 24.5K just did a search ) . That has to be on par or worth more than a belt. Another example but not exactly on par with UFC but Vinny Magalhaes had his M1 belt for sale on ebay. When I checked the auction was canceled with 0 bids.

I doubt that the fighters are "given" the belts for this very reason. It is more likely, as a contractual matter, the fighters are given a lease on the belt terminable upon them losing (or at UFC's discretion).

The UFC has an interest in preventing its deadbeat fighters from walking down Las Vegas Blvd to that pawn store to get some cash.

"Mr. Juicehead, here is your solid gold belt. Despite being in the middle of the pawn, coke, and hooker capital of North America, please bring this back."

The fuck homie. The belts are not solid gold, are worth $5000 bucks and the fighter gets to keep a new one every time they win or defend. They're hanging in fighter homes. The UFC even had to send some poor flunky to steal GSPs belt while he was showering after the Hendricks fight. And he's still pissed because they didn't give it back.

Millican confirms UFC no longer using his belts, but cheap chinese presses based on his belt

So Millican triple layer, then Millican single layer, then UFC took his single layer and had cheap knockoffs produced :D

The more money UFC makes, the cheaper they get...

11OSQBX.jpg

I wonder why UFC can't have a belt as cool as this.

Generic shit.

Lol'd. I like you. Post more.

11OSQBX.jpg

I wonder why UFC can't have a belt as cool as this.

Generic shit.

Looks like shit but i like what they did with the champs, it'd be cool if they did that with each belt per weight class, but only have previous weightclass title holders on the belt

I really wish this forum had a like button. Perfectly timed. :icon_lol:

Thanks, though the TS changed the title of the thread so I don't like it as much (it used to be something like, "What the physical properties of the UFC belts?").

Back