What is the deal with those tattoo's?

Bunch of socially trained boredoms up in here. Live a lil, do stupid shit to laugh about forever.

its not at all about forgetting your name

its just pride

me personally, would not get a name tattood on me, and I have lots of tattoos

its very smart if you are a fighter. you see footage or a picture of them you allready know their name.

I love how Sherdoggers are all envious of Cody.

The hate he gets is crazy.

Also on the subject of bad tattoo's who can forget this memorable one from Alan Belcher
alan_belcher.jpg
Is that supposed to be Conway Twitty?

Overeem said it best on the last Episode of The Reem: fighters are products that need to be marketed. Not only that, they have to be nice and shinny. An ugly product is much harder to sell. Tattoos are the Louboutin, the Vutton of MMA: bling apparels to make the product even more shinny. The proof? You created this thread and I bet if we posted a dozen of different tattoo pictures, we could all say to which fighter they belong!

I like tattoos in general - can't stand 'your own name' tats though, looks trailer trash as hell

I've wondered the same shit. Conor should have reversed his. Notorious above his name makes more sense.

You know the ones, where a fighter for one reason or another has decided to get his surname tattoo'd on his back, just in case they or we the viewer forget who they are?

Ones I can think of off the top of my head include:

Cub Swanson
1405300828000-tdsdc5-6aifctgbk5cgeq6wfrd-original.jpg

Donald Cerrone
tumblr_mrj0cgMTeK1s8eqroo1_500.jpg

Michael Johnson
28ump3b.jpg

Conor McGregor decided to have his name just under his chest:
Screen-Shot-2015-08-31-at-08.16.12.png

Have I missed anyone?

More importantly why do people get their own names tattoo'd on themselves? thanks in advance.
Yeah I think it's like in momento where they forgot who the fuck they are

ya those people are all nuts. my body is a temple and i would never get a tattoo

Back