• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What is purpose of Jones stomp/side kicks? They don't do damage and probably don't score either.

There has to be reason why that isn't more common. I can't see from the angle but either His had waaay more intensity or it was a freak incident
You see it from a few fighters consistently, but I’m not sure why it’s not more common. It’s pretty low risk for the longer fighters but the side kick works best when fighting open stance. Could be like the calf kick, almost no one did and the all of sudden everyone started using it

Trust me man, they hurt. Those ones on the upper thigh feel like Charlie horses every time man they hurt. Those kicks to the knee cap and side of the knee? Your fuckin athletic career flashes before your eyes, I fucked a guy up in the gym for repeatedly throwing them hard as fuck. He landed one and pushed my kneecap to the left or right can't remember but it felt like my entire knee was gonna come apart and this was after I kinda gave him the hey chill out look you know so I got pretty fuckin mad and started going 100 percent. It got split up and it was handled there but I never cared for sparring with the jack ass going forward, he always was just a rough cheap mfer with his techniques and style.

Anyway my whole point is Those kicks are absolutely effective, hurt, and are fucking scary to have coming at you. I landed one in one of my amateur fights super clean, and we literally had a split moment of like Holy fuck are you okay? They suck dude I promise.

You see it from a few fighters consistently, but I’m not sure why it’s not more common. It’s pretty low risk for the longer fighters but the side kick works best when fighting open stance. Could be like the calf kick, almost no one did and the all of sudden everyone started using it

You need a certain mph to do damage. That's energy expendature. And it probably doesn't seem lethal intuitively to guys who aren't expert kickers

Jones learned from his NFL football playing brothers that human knees don't like force coming to that location.

You need a certain mph to do damage. That's energy expendature. And it probably doesn't seem lethal intuitively to guys who aren't expert kickers

Trust me man, they hurt. Those ones on the upper thigh feel like Charlie horses every time man they hurt. Those kicks to the knee cap and side of the knee? Your fuckin athletic career flashes before your eyes, I fucked a guy up in the gym for repeatedly throwing them hard as fuck. He landed one and pushed my kneecap to the left or right can't remember but it felt like my entire knee was gonna come apart and this was after I kinda gave him the hey chill out look you know so I got pretty fuckin mad and started going 100 percent. It got split up and it was handled there but I never cared for sparring with the jack ass going forward, he always was just a rough cheap mfer with his techniques and style.

Anyway my whole point is Those kicks are absolutely effective, hurt, and are fucking scary to have coming at you. I landed one in one of my amateur fights super clean, and we literally had a split moment of like Holy fuck are you okay? They suck dude I promise.

Why on earth would you throw them dynamically in sparring??

His opponents who keep stopping their advance and hesitating because of them seem to think different, but maybe they just aren't that tough.

What a terrible thread. Delete it before someone sees.
Haha. I'm a Taekwondo expert (of the old school) and I have zero shame of this thread.

Jones stomp kicks don't have enough traction to be anything other than fillers.

Reactions: HHJ
They definitely do damage, and all strikes aren't meant to be KO blows anyways. You can use them defensively as well as offensively. You also can mess up the rhythm of the fighter forcing them to wait on landing a strike they had planned on going for.
Any move that gets your opponent second guessing or changing up what they wanted to do could be used to your advantage.

Back