What is Islam's Toughest Fight in The LW Division?

Wreckless

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any real challenges for him right now.

Poirier, Gaethje and Oliveira have all had a crack at the title. Oliveira got finished by Islam.

Dariush has lost and is not that much of a threat. Michael Chandler is out of the conversation. Then you have to go lower down the rankings.

Gaethje is probably the toughest challenge but we all saw how he shit the bed in the Khabib fight.

Am I the only one not excited by any of these matchups? All the top guys are veterans who already fought for the title.

Honestly wouldn't mind if Islam fought the winner of Edwards & Colby. Him against Colby would be a very fun matchup.

Anyway, who do you think poses the biggest threat for Islam right now in the LW division?

I think some think the Tsarukyan fight was very close and a rematch is inevitable. Islams version of mayweather v Castillo perhaps. However unlike that fight Islam def won but even khabib mentioned he should fight arman again for not dominating him.

Islam seems just a half notch ahead of Arman but that fight was very close imho

20110502122510_adrianomartins.JPG

he has no tough fights at 155.

gamrot could give him some issues in the grappling but islam would piece him up on the feet easy and stuff all his TD attempts.

Eduard Vartanyan. Better striking and nigh on impossible to hold down.

Justin imo
He will test Islam's chin and will be firing those leg kicks

Easier said than done, but if he keeps it standing and shows patience with his striking? I think he could put up a decent effort. Of course I would heavily favour Islam still

I'm not seeing any real challenges for him right now.

Poirier, Gaethje and Oliveira have all had a crack at the title. Oliveira got finished by Islam.

Dariush has lost and is not that much of a threat. Michael Chandler is out of the conversation. Then you have to go lower down the rankings.

Gaethje is probably the toughest challenge but we all saw how he shit the bed in the Khabib fight.

Am I the only one not excited by any of these matchups? All the top guys are veterans who already fought for the title.

Honestly wouldn't mind if Islam fought the winner of Edwards & Colby. Him against Colby would be a very fun matchup.

Anyway, who do you think poses the biggest threat for Islam right now in the LW division?

Chandler. Got TDD. HITTING Like a truck and Islam has a glass jaw.

If Chandler v McGregor was for a title shot, it could happen. The wind from a Chandler punch would put out Islam. Volk planked him.

200w.gif

I'm a Makhachev fan. He's better now & this was (arguably) an early stoppage. None the less Gaethje is more than a live dog and has earned the next shot imo so let Islam get past him and then go from there.

Early stoppage? He was going unconscious before thr punch landed. <Lmaoo>

I hope Islam gets slept him. I can stand brokeback crotch sniff or paddy cake. <Moves>

Justin has horrible TD and worse sub D. He hits like a truck. If a cam ktfo Islam stiff, Justin could either either hand.

Back