What Is He Trying To Do Here?

lol what? Conor demonstrated 100x the boxing skills of Wilder during that fight. He proved he had some nice solid boxing skills which is why he won multiple rounds against Floyd, and earned the praise of the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard for his skills, while in contrast, those same experts literally say Wilder cannot box at all. You picked the wrong boxer to bash Conor. Try again.
To be honest I've only seen highlights of the fight that showed him hammerfisting and not looking very adept at all. I know he started out as a boxer but it's like he doesn't understand the nuance or has become too reliant on what he's learned in MMA.

This clip looks like some type of failed chef's creation on one of those reality cooking shows. It probably seemed like a great trick in his mind but he didn't even punch with the correct arm for the direction he was moving.
{<shrug}

Floyd could switch over to more of a peek-a-boo style any time he wanted (just like Toney), but that wouldn't change nothing about the fact that they lack grappling skills (in addition to not being able to kick and not being used to take kicks).

Agreed. The point remains though. It's precisely because none of it would work. I'm not excluding other styles. Whether it 's the philly shell or something else. ( i mentioned it in particular because that 's what Floyd excels at). Again, Floyd isn't dumb enough to fight anybody let alone Conor under mma rules. We all know what would likely happen. Boxers aren't grapplers , end of..

lol what? Conor demonstrated 100x the boxing skills of Wilder during that fight. He proved he had some nice solid boxing skills which is why he won multiple rounds against Floyd, and earned the praise of the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard for his skills, while in contrast, those same experts literally say Wilder cannot box at all. You picked the wrong boxer to bash Conor. Try again.

Lol, I’m going to go out on a limb here and disagree.

McGregor couldn’t beat anyone in at least the top 50 in his weight class and he knows it.

Floyd carried him then crushed him. Conor is an amateur boxer.

probably something along the lines of this

mm_RMq.gif

didn't quite get it down tho.

The philly shell (Floyd's bread and butter) is completely useless under mma rules. That's precisely why Mayweather was never dumb enough to accept a fight outside a boxing ring. Watch James Toney vs Randy Couture. That's all Conor would have to do to beat Mayweather. It wouldn't be good business and just disappointing for the fans.
I'll watch Ray Mercer KO Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds instead. And let's not forget that happened before Toney-Couture and Mercer was 48 years old.

I'll watch Ray Mercer KO Tim Sylvia in 9 seconds instead. And let's not forget that happened before Toney-Couture and Mercer was 48 years old.

And that would likely happen to Conor or any mma fighter, who'd be stupid enough to try to beat a boxer at his own game inside the octagon. Cherry picking Sylvia's case isn't a good example though. The guy literally had zero grappling or submission skills. None...His record speaks for itself.

Ps: in his prime, back in 2004, the guy was subbed in less than 50 seconds by both Arlovsky and Mir. And he never submitted anyone in his entire mma career. Perfect opponent for any experienced boxer

Last edited:
Didn’t Conor draw Floyd and landed some big shots along the way, embarrassing him and ruining his cherry picked legacy?

nvm my bad that was the YOUTUBER Logan Paul

Didn’t Conor draw Floyd and landed some big shots along the way, embarrassing him and ruining his cherry picked legacy?

nvm my bad that was the YOUTUBER Logan Paul
Mayweather was retired for how long, and was giving up how much weight, when he had that "fight"?

Last edited:
Back