What is George Roops problem?

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He cant put a win streak together.

He beats Grispi and KZ but gets destroyed by Hominick and Swanson.

What does he need to work on? He seems like he could be a top FW. Is he glass jawed?

A very inconsistent fighter.

Grispi isn't very good and that was back before the zombie started improving a lot. i think Roop can beat a lot of lower tier fighters but they keep giving him tough fights

He's not really skilled but knows how to use his size.

He was doing well with Swanson too but Swanson was able to get his rhythm in the second round.

Hominick and Swanson are very good fighters. Roop seems to have trouble when guys really go after him and pressure him.

A lot of tall gangly fighters seem to be inconsistent... Roop, Cole Miller, Pablo Garza, Terry Etim, Nate Diaz lol...

Coincidence???

A lot of tall gangly fighters seem to be inconsistent... Roop, Cole Miller, Pablo Garza, Terry Etim, Nate Diaz lol...

Coincidence???

A lot of them are also champions or contenders..... Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Carlos Condit, Nick and Nate Diaz, Ben Henderson, Dominick Cruz, Weidman.................

A lot of them are also champions or contenders..... Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Carlos Condit, Nick and Nate Diaz, Ben Henderson, Dominick Cruz, Weidman.................

er i wouldnt consider weidman and henderson tall or gangly!

Ben Henderson? Lol

I think Roop's problem is that he got terrible defense and goes straight back with his chin in the air

He beat KZ because it was a time when KZ insisted on not fighting smart and instead walking straight forward, eat shots and bang at all costs. This was because he just came out of his Leonard Garcia fight. If KZ fought Roop the way he should instead of trying to impress the crowd with how hard he can take a hit, KZ would beat Roop.

the only lanky people in that list are nick and nate and they aren't even that lanky, lanky means very skinny wiry with little muscle mass, bendo is the opposite of lanky

er i wouldnt consider weidman and henderson tall or gangly!

But you consider Silva? Your eyes are tricking you, cuz Weidman is as tall as Silva but with bigger reach...
For me Benson is a gangly guy, not only tall, just look how he can fight from the outside using his long leg reach.

the only lanky people in that list are nick and nate and they aren't even that lanky, lanky means very skinny wiry with little muscle mass, bendo is the opposite of lanky

think you are the first one to use the word lanky, but ok.
Gangly also means big reach, long limbs.

he does just enough to make you start believing in him as a real contender, and then falls apart again.

If Dom Cruz is gangly, I'm a fucking praying mantis.

Ben Henderson is not tall and gangly, neither is Cruz or Weidman.

Anybody who puts Henderson, Weidman and Cruz's body type to George Roop needs their vision checked.

Ben Henderson? Lol

I think Roop's problem is that he got terrible defense and goes straight back with his chin in the air

yep. tries to make up for bad technique with just size. It works a little for freaks like Roop and can prevent you from realizing you need to work really hard to shore up your technique.

Back