What is Floyd's actual height?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImNotSurpisedDonks!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Floyd is obviously not 5'8 and is clearly fudging some stats in regards to his height. From prefight staredowns to actual fight, he consistently loses 5 inches.

The question is, why doesn't he just own his shortness? Wouldn't it make him so much more of a Honey Badger P4P bad ass if he was able to destroy Canelo, Cotto and Conor as a near midget? Why did he want to make himself seem larger during the whole build up - - wouldn't that just make people think it was going to be more of a blow out and not be as inclined to buy it?

It's much more impressive if he just admitted he was 5'4, or whatever he is, and was able to accomplish all of this while being such a little man. The fact that he was practically a child next to Conor makes his accomplishment so much more impressive. Rocky Marciano owned the fact that his reach was shorter than Lobovs' and it made him seem like a more skilled fighter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Conor-McGregor-London-FaceOff-748x370.jpg

150505-maypac.jpg

espnapi_dm_150501_maypac_weigh_in_staredown100_wmain.jpg

Last edited:
a child... lol

how delusional floyd's fans are.

a child... lol

how delusional floyd's fans are.
I am a fan of both of them, brah. Most people say I'm a Conor nut hugger round here for straight shooting. The analogy of a child may be over the top, but while considering Conor isn't exactly a large man and falls under the manlet category, he still towered over Floyd in there.

Jqq4A.jpg

I just think it's way more impressive if you own your shortness and speaks more to your skills. If Floyd was legit 5'8 and was beating up on other same sized fighters, it's not near as impressive as a 5'4 fighter doing this to much larger men.

I am a fan of both of them, brah. Most people say I'm a Conor nut hugger round here for straight shooting. The analogy of a child may be over the top, but while considering Conor isn't exactly a large man and falls under the manlet category, he still towered over Floyd in there.

Jqq4A.jpg

I just think it's way more impressive if you own your shortness and speaks more to your skills. If Floyd was legit 5'8 and was beating up on other same sized fighters, it's not near as impressive as a 5'4 fighter doing this to much larger men.

it's the reach that is important in martial arts. And their reach was almost identical. Conor being just a little more rangy but lacked the boxing pedigree.

it's the reach that is important in martial arts. And their reach was almost identical. Conor being just a little more rangy but lacked the boxing pedigree.
I'd somewhat agree - but it is also a combination of both, if you know how to use them.

I brought up Marciano because he had the shortest reach in heavy weight champion history at 67". To me, that is incredibly impressive that he competed at an extreme disadvantage and was so successful. Rocky owned his short reach tho, while Floyd is just as successful but continues to want to seem like he is larger and has more physical assets than he actually does.

I thought Conor did mindblowingly well too. It definitely was a close fight, no matter what hyperbolic haters say. In my opinion, it was Floyd's most exciting fight and decades and proved Conor was an elite boxer, even tho he did not win - just like Gus proved he was an elite light heavy weight by going 5 hard with Jones.

People are not going to like this, but I believe if Conor was able to keep his energy level at round one status the whole fight, he had a darn good chance of winning and his skills are really something awesome. With more experience, more time working on boxing cardio only, he could be a force to be reckoned with.

It's amazing how desperate Conor fans are. Now they wanna talk about Floyd's size. Who cares? He is an average sized human being. It's irrelevant if he is 5'7 or 5'8. You want an exact answer to that question go measure him yourself.

"Floyd's most exciting fight " maybe for most casuals <Lmaoo>
technical stuff = always boring for most casuals

it was fun, but nothing more.

{<jordan}

reem with a granit jaw would be a beast
mike tyson with fight iq would be a beast
Floyd with KO power would be a beast
Daniel Cormier with better striking defense would be a beast

this works for almost every1

why doesn't he just own his shortness?

He does. He is always the first to bring up how he is usually the much smaller man then his opponent. Conor on the other hand is not a big guy, but is always talking about how huge he is

He fudges the stat by an inch or 2, I guess. 5ft7 or even 5ft6

He does. He is always the first to bring up how he is usually the much smaller man then his opponent. Conor on the other hand is not a big guy, but is always talking about how huge he is
I agree on both accounts, esp Conor puffing up and wearing hi-heels: that is fact. However, why does Floyd wear lifters and lifting inserts? I get if you are out at the club and don't want to seem little next to other men, but why not just wear normal shoes and stare up at your opponent in the face offs, really accent how much more little you are so more people will buy the fight?

The issue with selling this fight wasn't making Floyd look good, it was making him look like the 0-0 amateurless boxing record MMA fighter had a shot. He was eye level with Conor during pre fight and nearly nipple level in the ring.

He fudges the stat by an inch or 2, I guess. 5ft7 or even 5ft6
5'6 is believeable but when you look at Pac in ring, they look identical except side by side and Pac is 5.5. I'm of the believe that nearly all athletes fudge their height: I remember playing football and my height was 6'2 and weight was 190, so they fudged me up to 6'5 and 230 lol, so when the opposing team would see the roster, everyone would look bigger.

Floyd is obviously not 5'8 and is clearly fudging some stats in regards to his height. From prefight staredowns to actual fight, he consistently loses 5 inches.

The question is, why doesn't he just own his shortness? Wouldn't it make him so much more of a Honey Badger P4P bad ass if he was able to destroy Canelo, Cotto and Conor as a near midget? Why did he want to make himself seem larger during the whole build up - - wouldn't that just make people think it was going to be more of a blow out and not be as inclined to buy it?

It's much more impressive if he just admitted he was 5'4, or whatever he is, and was able to accomplish all of this while being such a little man. The fact that he was practically a child next to Conor makes his accomplishment so much more impressive. Rocky Marciano owned the fact that his reach was shorter than Lobovs' and it made him seem like a more skilled fighter.

maxresdefault.jpg

150505-maypac.jpg

A manlet beat your hero's ass. Deal with it.

5'7" according to celebheights, which is the most accurate source.

A manlet beat your hero's ass. Deal with it.
Bruh, my Hero ain't no man. My hero is dat AV I have an her tight ass delicious Asian pussy dat I eat up every night. Stop being a virgin and go grab some GOAT Asian snatch. DEAL WITH IT!

I thought Conor did mindblowingly well too. It definitely was a close fight, no matter what hyperbolic haters say. In my opinion, it was Floyd's most exciting fight and decades and proved Conor was an elite boxer, even tho he did not win - just like Gus proved he was an elite light heavy weight by going 5 hard with Jones.

Being a defensive boxer's only legit finish after 2008

Yeah definitely close fight

LOL

maxresdefault.jpg

150505-maypac.jpg

To actually answer your question...celebheights which does nothing but analyze the heights of various celebrities in exhausting detail, has Floyd pegged at 5'7" even.

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-47977.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back