What is better for all around training?

Hockeyfight

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was looking into some new fight shorts since my old boxing ones dont hold up as well, I was wondering if i should go with a loose fit grappling short or some longer kick-boxing shorts. I dont like the feel of vale tudo shorts.

I think a pair of loose fit grappling shorts would hold up great for what you need, it would be one of the most versatile pieces of equipment you could own. You can check the thread with all the different company's and be able to find a pair you like.

I was leaning towards the XFgear shorts but I was watching a Tony Frykland fight and he had the Kickboxing shorts on so I was just exploring the options

if you go with thai shorts get the nylon ones and not the silk or satin. I think you are better off with loose fit grappling shorts. Nogi, XFgear, HCK, Sprawl, Truth and Clinch all make good shorts. You can't go wrong with any of them.

www.SSFgear.com

Nylong loos fit..Just good all around trining shorts..can transition from Muay thai/Boxing to BJJ really well

Aren't kickboxing shorts generally shorter than board shorts? Maybe I'm getting them confused with muay thai shorts which I associate as kick boxing shorts. Like others have stated go with board shorts.

Depends on the training that your doing. But generally I would go with the loose fit shorts. You can't go wrong with the XFGears especally if your looking for durability.

Back